Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hey everyone, just picked up a Fluidium at a second hand store. I'm missing the innards (all the wiring, plug, socket). I have the base, globe, and cap.

Any one out there have these parts? Maybe an old base? let me know.

Thx all. Below is a pic of the inside of my base.

Views: 408

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the best bet would be to contact Mathmos - they don't sell them on there websight but i am sure they will be able to help you.

Other then that i think that a bulb stalk, some cable, a plug and some silicone might do the trick if you want to bodge somthing together.

I will send mathmos an email for sure. I will most likely have to build my own. I guess the most important thing is knowing how far the bulb sits from the base of the globe. Any advice?

Tim Gill said:

I think the best bet would be to contact Mathmos - they don't sell them on there websight but i am sure they will be able to help you.

Other then that i think that a bulb stalk, some cable, a plug and some silicone might do the trick if you want to bodge somthing together.

Is the globe a clear/orange or the rarer..violet/orange?
Yeah, it's £34 just for a replacement base on Mathmos, so a bit pricey. It's a shame as someone was selling a Fluidium Base only on a welll known Internet auction site recently..Would have been perfect to srip the required parts off of..

Right I have done some mesuring and stuff on the bulb stalk of my fludium - the bulb holder is a standerd part, the Mathmos made part of it is the stalk holder which holds it to the base (the gray part shown on the picture) this is 6.2 cm dimamter.

The hight of the bulb stalk and holder is 7cm and with the bulb attached its 12cm - therefore it needs to be no higher then    12 cm otherwize the globe wont fit securley. (Note I am using a Cromton 40w halagon bulb, 40 degrees flood, screw type (same as Mathmos supplies with the fludiums)).

Fludium bulb stalk and holer

Fludium bulb stalk, holder and bulb

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service