Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to give you a heads up that the Magma Tower website has been redone. Also, the gookits.com website will be getting a make over soon as well. We will start selling the kits straight from the website. The ebay store will still be up during the transition but will eventually be taken down.

Any advice and/or criticism is always appreciated. We want to make everything as easy and user friendly as possible for you guys.

Thanks,

Jonny

www.magmatower.com

Views: 2316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WHat's the biggest bottle of wax you guys have and the different colors the dye and how much would it be i need to fix or do lamps

I cannot wait for the spectrum lamp and would gladly prepay in lots each month for one

I wanted to be honest, but I didn't want to trash MT.

I just wanted to state what had happened to me.

Your results may vary.

...And probably did.

Wow, all of these discussions are giving me great insight on what I can help improve over at MT. I am not a full time employee and have been brought specifically to help finish the Spectrum (I helped develop it in the beginning) but I look forward to taking all of your guys/gals advice directly to the owner.

The Spectrum will be under $500. How far under is yet to be determined. We have built ten prototypes that are working beautifully and are in the process of pricing out each piece and seeing where we can cut costs without sacrificing quality.

The biggest bottle of wax we offer is the quart which is enough to revamp one grande (250oz lamp) or multiple smaller lamps.

Lower shipping prices, and wax that doesn't burn up in a year would be nice. Not trying to be mean. But Every batch of wax I've gotten didn't work, or burnt up fast. I no longer use gookit. I go will LL waxes now

DEfinitely different colors more vibrant colors would be awesome not just the basic and a few flourescent colors

Sam - they already offer virtually limitless color options.  You can add a little or a lot of a particular color to control saturation (i.e. baby blue versus medium blue).  You can also mix different dye colors to open up infinite color options.  Black light reactive flouro is available in blue and green.

Samantha Gregory said:

DEfinitely different colors more vibrant colors would be awesome not just the basic and a few flourescent colors

I do truly thank you for coming in here and talking to us. :) I hope none of our comments have put you off. Just trying to give you an idea of what we've experienced in the past few years. Some of us have really good luck with GooKits, but many of us do not, or have variable results. 

However, I can say with near certainty that ALL of us want to see Magma Tower succeed. :)

Jonny Magma said:

Wow, all of these discussions are giving me great insight on what I can help improve over at MT. I am not a full time employee and have been brought specifically to help finish the Spectrum (I helped develop it in the beginning) but I look forward to taking all of your guys/gals advice directly to the owner.

The Spectrum will be under $500. How far under is yet to be determined. We have built ten prototypes that are working beautifully and are in the process of pricing out each piece and seeing where we can cut costs without sacrificing quality.

The biggest bottle of wax we offer is the quart which is enough to revamp one grande (250oz lamp) or multiple smaller lamps.

I am definitely looking into improving the shipping costs. As for the wax burning up, that is an easy fix. I will be modifying the instructions with instructions on maintaining your lamp.

Metallica man Trevor said:

Lower shipping prices, and wax that doesn't burn up in a year would be nice. Not trying to be mean. But Every batch of wax I've gotten didn't work, or burnt up fast. I no longer use gookit. I go will LL waxes now

It is my pleasure. This is an awesome community.

I take no offense to any of the comments. Criticism is a necessity in business. MT is not my company but I will be doing my best to help them improve across the board.

Thank you all for your input!

Erin said:

I do truly thank you for coming in here and talking to us. :) I hope none of our comments have put you off. Just trying to give you an idea of what we've experienced in the past few years. Some of us have really good luck with GooKits, but many of us do not, or have variable results. 

However, I can say with near certainty that ALL of us want to see Magma Tower succeed. :)

Jonny Magma said:

I have done the Mini kit and the regular kit for two 52ozs and one 250oz. The two 52oz ones came out pretty well one was a lime green (had a tint of red in the dyes... Only noticeable if you stare real close) and the other one should have been a blue but I added too much dye and it came out a dark purple... Kinda awesome (but I have a love/hate relationship with it). Both of those I consider a success. About a month after I did the 250oz as a red and clear one. The lamp did not flow till I got about 90-100ml of surf and now it flows great. Only problem is with all that surf its is bubbly as hell. I want to redo that one with a blue, but I am afraid of it turning purple.

Contacting MT through ebay has always been fast and courteous.

On a side note:

I would love to see a Goo and Surf kit for both the larger and smaller bottles of wax (Just wax and surf), as I already have all the funnels and dyes that I need and once you add the surf and wax it is more expensive than the good kits that are available now.

Also would be nice to buy the Smaller bottle of wax on its own.

Any who those are just my thoughts.

I noticed this as well and its the light bulb that gives it that reddish tint because the wax has a slight transparency to it. Its kind of cool because it gives the appearance of 2 different colors in the wax but yet again its annoying if you want a solid green.

Chris said:

I have done the Mini kit and the regular kit for two 52ozs and one 250oz. The two 52oz ones came out pretty well one was a lime green (had a tint of red in the dyes...)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service