Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hello to all the Mathmos fans, I wanted to share what I received today. 2 Mathmos Fluidium never opened since their launch in 2000.

I was shivering while opening the parcel, bubble wrap and then ..... The different pieces of the Fluidium

You can imagine that feeling right ?

It's not like opening a collector one alreaday used before, It was never opened, never used before me ... 19 years after they come alive.

I decided to open only one today, the OPAL one.

The wax is still cold but I am waiting, I did not know the bulb was blue either.

After so many years of watching the Fluidiums on the net and now open a brand new one is just a strange feeling going through my body, My heart is beating louder and my hands are still shivering.

Maybe I am crazy to feel that feeling don't you think ?

I wanted to share that unboxing with you :)

Hope you will love it as much as I do.

Thank you

Enjoy

Sam from France

I don't know how to send pictures :(

it says Sorry, files need to be under MB, and they are

Views: 1935

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What do you think an OPAL like mine never unbox will cost ?

Wow... didn’t notice until you said something. You’re right. 

Johnny said:

I dont want to rain on your parade but i dont think it was "new" as all mathmos bottles came in a clear plastic bag and taped closed near the bottle top, never had one wrapped in bubble wrap, also the wax looked like it had been heated up and cooled before full operation. now possible the seller wrapped the bottle for transport but if new new then it should have had a plastic bag, as for the cloudyness / looks like its been used then only other possibility is during shipment it was in a hot place and the wax started to melt and clouding it

to me / my opinion and not trying to offend / upset im not convinced its new aka never been used

Yeah, I was thinking the cords were wrapped funny in the box...

Johnny said:

I dont want to rain on your parade but i dont think it was "new" as all mathmos bottles came in a clear plastic bag and taped closed near the bottle top, never had one wrapped in bubble wrap, also the wax looked like it had been heated up and cooled before full operation. now possible the seller wrapped the bottle for transport but if new new then it should have had a plastic bag, as for the cloudyness / looks like its been used then only other possibility is during shipment it was in a hot place and the wax started to melt and clouding it

to me / my opinion and not trying to offend / upset im not convinced its new aka never been used

How much will it cost like this ?

Metallica Man Trevor said:

It could clear up running it. I also sent you a friend request with the dollar amount I would ask if selling mine. 

Hello,

You are right but the lady told me she umpacked everything and put bubble wrapp on everything to protect every item during the shipping from Ireland to France. She told they stayed in their boxes since their wedding in 2000. But you are right about cloudiness, shipping is not good.

ash-hole! said:

Johnny said:

That is a huge bummer! When I purchase lamps I always give specific shipping instructions. I don't want to make the seller look like an idiot but I'm paying crazy money for these lamps. 

1. I tell them to make sure they pack the bottle standing right side up because this will help to prevent the lamp from clouding and mixing.

2. Write on the box lava lamp, this side up and fragile. 

Obviously once the seller ships the box it's out of their hands but hopefully by writing these 3 things will help to ensure the lamp arrives intact. 

It's crazy but I've actually scared off sellers by being so particular on shipping instructions... But I would rather them run off then spend a ton of money and be let down when I open my box that I've been looking forward to and tracking every ten minutes for the last month.

But I hope your Opal clears up! 

Sam I am said:

Hello,

You are right but the lady told me she umpacked everything and put bubble wrapp on everything to protect every item during the shipping from Ireland to France. She told they stayed in their boxes since their wedding in 2000. But you are right about cloudiness, shipping is not good.

ash-hole! said:

Johnny said:

Thank you

I told her to do that she did but you while travelling I really do not know if they take time to read the notice on the parcel.

I'm so sorry! I hate that for you!

Sam I am said:

Thank you

I told her to do that she did but you while travelling I really do not know if they take time to read the notice on the parcel.

Normally you are supposed to send liquid ! so youhave to lie and say lamp or whatever ....

I had the thrill to open 2 jewels , now cloudy !

do not know what to do :(

Just give them time to cycle and settle down.  They should be fine.  Just probably need to be cycled over and over a few weeks.

Good luck!

Anyone interested?

Yes!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service