Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

On a whim, I sent a message to Mathmos US asking about the Fluidium Lamp and it's COMING SOON status on the website for AT LEAST a year now!

This is the response I got : 

I had a talk with the staff yesterday about the volume of customers asking about 
The US Fluidium lamps.
I was SURE to ask that they be put on the order.
They should be in within the month.
If not sooner.
All the best.

We shall see.......won't we?    :)

Views: 795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good for you, Phishy!!!!   Boy howdy, I sure hope they are tellin it like "hit" is...... :-) 

I just hope & pray they aren't $130!!!

OUCH, from your mouth to God's ear for sure, Phishy!!!!  

Thanks for sharing Phishy.. I also hope a plain yellow isn't going to run $130. There was one listed on Ebay last week by a US seller and people were going nuts over it. A little too nuts...

I saw that too, Chantal, it did go for more than I was hoping, although I am sure the seller was pleased.  :-)

Sadly I expect them to cost the same as the UK site plus 25GBP. That seems to be what they are doing with the telstars. You are basically paying their import costs.

Autumn, I sure hope they don't cost that much, but am sure you are right about that.  They are already wired for US current, which I liked, and the overall quality of the entire lamp (Telstar) is fantastic with colors and flow like nothing I have ever seen.

Fluidiums are discontinued...... U can only order the back stock of yellow from the uk site.

Isn't the Lunar the Holy Grail of lamps?  It must be, I had one spotted as I am sure you all have, and it is already priced way beyond what I could touch, but I was nearly drooling over it.   I do hope that Mathmost will release all the colors of the Fluidium, and also new colors----at reasonable prices.

He was agreeable to a Buy It Now option but he wanted far more than is feasible for me right now. I tried though!
 Marley's Ghost said:

Isn't the Lunar the Holy Grail of lamps?  It must be, I had one spotted as I am sure you all have, and it is already priced way beyond what I could touch, but I was nearly drooling over it.   I do hope that Mathmost will release all the colors of the Fluidium, and also new colors----at reasonable prices.

Good for you, Chantal.......at least you gave it your best shot!   I wish he had of taken you up on it!   It needs a good home where it will be appreciated.

Chantal said:

He was agreeable to a Buy It Now option but he wanted far more than is feasible for me right now. I tried though!
 Marley's Ghost said:

The Lunar looks to be a killer lamp and I would love to own one someday, but I wouldn't classify it as the Holy Grail.  Its simply far too common to get that label.  As long as you have a wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket, you can usually find one to buy on eBay UK.

BTW - the guy selling on US eBay is a former member of the site and he has like 12 or so Lunars.  He also has dropped $1600 on a wave machine and about the same on a Fantasia Cosmos.

Marley's Ghost said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service