Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

On a whim, I sent a message to Mathmos US asking about the Fluidium Lamp and it's COMING SOON status on the website for AT LEAST a year now!

This is the response I got : 

I had a talk with the staff yesterday about the volume of customers asking about 
The US Fluidium lamps.
I was SURE to ask that they be put on the order.
They should be in within the month.
If not sooner.
All the best.

We shall see.......won't we?    :)

Views: 795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He should have taken Chantel's offer then, Jim.   He obviously is not hurting for moolah, best not say what I think about that in public.   So, what is the "Holy Grail" of lamps?    I thought everyone on here wanted a Lunar.  Then again, I haven't been here that long. 

I'd love to have it but the bidding is already higher than my offer was. He knew what he was doing. Bummer for me, lol.

Marley's Ghost said:

He should have taken Chantel's offer then, Jim.   He obviously is not hurting for moolah, best not say what I think about that in public.   So, what is the "Holy Grail" of lamps?    I thought everyone on here wanted a Lunar.  Then again, I haven't been here that long. 

I could have sworn when I started watching that lamp that it was up to 800 bucks and had 20 bids.  Now it is a bit over 700, with a reserve set, which has not been met, and only 10 bids.   I did notice a retraction though.  You're right, Chantal, he knows what he's doing and is hoping a bidding war will start.   Untelling what the reserve is set at. 

I don't want to burst your bubble, but Mathmos is the US is just been a long, drawn-out disappointment for most of us. Do a search on this site and read all the disappointing threads...

It was at $800.. He said that's his reserve. Wonder what happened? It will probably spike at the end. I really hope someone on here gets it. It sure would look good in the corner of my bedroom :-)

Marley's Ghost said:

I could have sworn when I started watching that lamp that it was up to 800 bucks and had 20 bids.  Now it is a bit over 700, with a reserve set, which has not been met, and only 10 bids.   I did notice a retraction though.  You're right, Chantal, he knows what he's doing and is hoping a bidding war will start.   Untelling what the reserve is set at. 

That seller is a former member here. If I had to guess, the reserve is at least $800. He has some great lamps. Kinda miss seeing him around here. No idea why he left. 

Marley's Ghost said:

I was told by mathmos uk months ago that the fluidium is discontinued, and a few wekks ago they have no plans for any other lava lamps on the usa market.

Erin said:

I don't want to burst your bubble, but Mathmos is the US is just been a long, drawn-out disappointment for most of us. Do a search on this site and read all the disappointing threads...

That's probably close to the truth. Depending on which person you get at Mathmos, you'll get a different answer. 

Metallica man Trevor said:

I was told by mathmos uk months ago that the fluidium is discontinued, and a few wekks ago they have no plans for any other lava lamps on the usa market.

Erin said:

That's why you need to sell me at least ONE of yours! Even if it's just a yellow!  ;-)

Metallica man Trevor said:

Erin said:

Chantal, Mike (BlindFaith) has a yellow fluidium to sell. Contact him! :)

It would be nice if they had done a run of rewired ones and will put those out as some of the last fluidiums made tho. Although it makes mine worth less if true! !!! :-/

I will do that.. I've purchased from him previously!

Erin said:

Chantal, Mike (BlindFaith) has a yellow fluidium to sell. Contact him! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service