Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Mathmos are doing a limited run of Astro bottles with white wax and clear liquid.

FOR ONE DAY ONLY!!!! WEDNESDAY 1st JULY

LIMITED RUN OF ASTRO WHITE BOTTLES FOR ONE DAY ONLY!

Due to high demand from our collectors, we are offering Astro white bottles for one day only, next WEDNESDAY 1st JULY 2020.
You will have until midnight to place your order on our websites and then the listings will be removed and we will fill the amount of orders placed only. No exceptions. This is a great opportunity for owners of the discontinued Astro 3 in 1, to refurbish their lamp.

On this occasion, we’d also like to offer you the opportunity to vote in our poll as to whether you want Mathmos branded bottles or unbranded for this run only. Majority vote wins, we will not be filling two separate batches into branded and unbranded.

NB. White wax is known to discolour, so will not be classed as a fault. Avoid heat and sunlight where possible to get the most longevity from your white bottle.

Views: 1706

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad to hear someone is happy with the io both my First 100’s had flaking blistered & bubbled chrome and I've read lots of other stories about the poor quality yet the website says each io is double checked and only the BEST pieces are used HA HA HA if only that was true!  You can get plug in dimmer switch they work just fine with the io and will prevent over heating.

Jezza said:

I agree, having to wait until late august is rediculous. I dont know what theyre playing at either. I have heard several excuses. 1. Due to high demand. 2. Cant get the parts, lame excuse. It cant be the former as it only has 4 reviews on feefo, so they havent sold that many. So must be no.2. 

My io is lovely, i am really pleased with it, but it tends to overheat quickly. I didnt buy a white astro bottle becuase i thought they were extortionate, but i thought they would have let people know an despatch date. Poor show. 

Well, just had an email back from Mathmos. I asked them about delivery of the white astro bottles because my daughter has ordered one and wants to know when shes going to get it. 

They are saying that they have to catch up with their regular orders before they even start production and they have had an unprecedented demand for them. 

Quite frankly I am sick to death of every lame excuse going from this company. You cannot treat your customers like this IT IS WRONG! 

Sack your production manager and bring in a dedicated customer service person who can keep your customers updated and in the loop. 

And finally take on more staff if you cannot fulfil orders. 

Mathmos is seriously going down the pan. NO MORE ORDERS FROM ME. 

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING SERVICE. NOT HAPPY! 

Maybe the "guy" who does the mixture / and filling is off covid related, just because the gov relaxes restrictions doesn't mean everything is back to normal, they could be on a skeleton staff still, and trying to catch up on previous orders when so many people were at home and not working and buying stuff. Also parts like the bottles come from another company they could be running behind as well. 

I do think they should have stated when advertised when the bottles will be released after ordering that was big :-( but end of the day its a bottle aint worth getting stressed and grrr over when theres so much more grrrr going on in the world, switch a lamp on and chill babies :-)

Flowing lava always does relax a weary soul!  Good advice Johnny, the world needs a whole lot of lava at the moment!

Johnny said:

Maybe the "guy" who does the mixture / and filling is off covid related, just because the gov relaxes restrictions doesn't mean everything is back to normal, they could be on a skeleton staff still, and trying to catch up on previous orders when so many people were at home and not working and buying stuff. Also parts like the bottles come from another company they could be running behind as well. 

I do think they should have stated when advertised when the bottles will be released after ordering that was big :-( but end of the day its a bottle aint worth getting stressed and grrr over when theres so much more grrrr going on in the world, switch a lamp on and chill babies :-)

So an email sent from Mathmos yesterday said the White Clear Astro bottles will be shipping with 3 weeks!! But it appears some have already been delivered to customers!! Talk about confusing lol !!! 

I ordered three white Astro bottles. The bottles have been delivered to the Forward2me warehouse. Two of them are going in my Opal Fluidium bottle to refurbish it and the third on a standard Astro base. 

Got mine today!

Modulo '70 said:

Got mine today!

See, there you go. I think the rest of you should be getting yours soon. I did not reply to F2M in time so mine will be sitting in the warehouse until probably Tuesday. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service