Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

MEMBERS - BEWARE OF EMAILS FROM A FRANK KWABENA!!!!

I got an email today in my personal email from a "supposedly" member named Frank Kwabena saying he needs me to contact him about something and that he left a message on my Oozing Goo wall.  I thought this to be strange as new members do not send emails like to to members so I did a little research.  Turns out it is a VIRUS!!! DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!!!!  I WILL BE NOTIFYING THE MODS OF THIS JUST IN CASE THEY WANT TO ALSO POST A WARNING UP!!!

P.S.  The weird thing is he goes through social media sites!!!

HERE IS WHAT THE EMAIL LOOKS LIKE

FRANK KWABENA added a comment to your profile on Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

------------
Good Day,

How is everything with you, I picked interest on you after going through your short profile and deemed it necessary to write you immediately. I have something very vital to disclose to you, but I found it difficult to express myself here, since it's a public site.Could you please get back to me on:( mr.frankkwabena111@gmail.com ) for the full details.

Have a nice day

Thanks God bless.

Mr Frank.
------------

To view the full comment, visit:
https://oozinggoo.ning.com/profiles/comment/list?attachedToType=Use...

To reply to the comment, visit:
https://oozinggoo.ning.com/profile/FRANKKWABENA?xgsi=1#com

Views: 1113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was obviously caught because he is not a member anymore and there is no comment on my wall!! 

He's been suspended for spam. Thanks for the heads up from Keith and Carol. 

I just signed up to this site, and have something in my profile about trying to build my own lamp. Figured it was a mod offeringadvice. I guess the joke is on me, my computer seems to be fine though.

No worries - we get the occasional troll from time to time! All is well. Lamp on!

Glad you got him I just saw that in my email. 

Oh the world of computers, lol!!!  Just goes to show ya, anytime something seems weird on a computer, like any suspicious emails or whatever, trust your first judgment and just ignore it until you find out if it's legit......

Great job...thanks for the warning. Alot of these type postings will usually contain alot of strange and stilted sentences and word groupings. Things that just don't sound/look right. The people putting these together are usually not the sharpest and their language and/or interpretation skills are usually pretty low. Beware...
I'm sorry to resurrect an old thread. I did want to mention that this guy just messaged me today asking me to email him as well. I had a feeling it was not legitimate.
Yes I got the same email as well

I suspended the account again. What's weird is that this particular name comes up ALL THE TIME as spam. Must be a junk name that people use to spam forums. 

If anyone has problems with a member, please email me and I'll take care of it. 

Thanks Erin! :)

I hate to bring back an old discussion, but this email is going around again. The wording is almost exactly the same, but this time from a "member" named Annabel Duru.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service