Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I've been dealing with the overheating / stuck / non-existent flow issue ever since I got my Colossus in March, but Sunday night, it completely died!  :(

I was unscrewing a burned out bulb (my Colossus's first) and I felt a SNAP.....

Pulled out the bulb, and the metal part from the ceramic socket came with it!

I found out this part is called the Screw Shell.

Emailed Susan yesterday.....still waiting to hear back from her. 

This is VERY depressing. My Colossus (Blue/Yellow) has been nothing but trouble since the day I got it.......and now THIS. 

I love the way it looks in my house.......I am completely uninterested in a refund or anything like that.......I just want the damn thing to WORK the way everybody else's seem to work!!! I know there were some problems with the purple/yellow......but for the most part, it seems like everyone has been really happy with their Colossus. I want to be happy, too!   :'(

Views: 828

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Strain relief bushing pliars.

Jonas Clark-Elliott said:

Those grommets are a heck of a mess to get out! I've not done it without damage. How do you do it, Autumn?

you can get replacement sockets. I'd replace with a ceramic one as opposed to plastic. Hardware store

Also, when you pinch the bushing with the pliers, you have to turn the whole thing 90° to get it out. ;-) I've had to remove a lot of these.

THAT, sir, is pure, unadulterated NIGHTMARE FUEL!!!

Another tool that works good is a suture pulling hemostat. If you can find one I'll post a pic. They're kind of like needle nose pliers. The suture removing one has 2 teeth on 1 side and a single tooth on the other the goes between the 2 teeth.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2022   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service