Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

So upon reading about the neon series available from Spencer's I got excited at the notion of something new from lava ordered one against my better judgement knowing that there was a better than average chance it would show up to my door cloudy. 

This is what showed up Tuesday afternoon and it was shamelessly cloudy. I've had my fair share of cloudy lamps but this one takes the cake, it looks like someone dumped a glass of milk in it.

This is going back to Spencer's, not even going to attempt to run it.

Views: 965

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe they were recalled for this very reason. 

wow milky lamps strikes again!

well no offense to you but you should've read all the threads here about how these were awful and how most of them have been recalled. Even the CEO of LL told us to stay away from these.

If there was an actual recall you think they'd pull them from the warehouse first thing. 

I was taking a optimistic approach, thought I might get lucky. 

Dr. WHAT?! said:

wow milky lamps strikes again!

well no offense to you but you should've read all the threads here about how these were awful and how most of them have been recalled. Even the CEO of LL told us to stay away from these.

They did pull them by me but I agree they should've pull them all and not just some, which I assume it was Spencer's choice to keep some.

What I'm thinking is any recall might be voluntary in a sense, when I was in Spencer's last weekend I struck up a brief conversation with one of the store employees and he told me they check their lava lamps before they put them out to sell and if it's no good they send it back.

I noticed they had 4 neons (all purple) and he said in regards to the neon series they received they had to send more than half back due to being cloudy or unacceptable. He probably meant they spot check them, I can't see them checking every single lamp that comes in, as the lamps I saw for sale all appeared to be factory sealed.

It's good to know that Spencer's (or at least some of them) is looking out for us lamp buyers and in a unofficial/official way and sending the junk lamps back from whence they came.

Wow, that is bad lol. Send it back and get a refund. I will let everyone know when the new stock comes in.

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/forum/topics/a-word-on-the-neons-at-spencers

Maybe it was designed this way to really make the neon color "pop".  They pulled off having white goo flow against charcoal liquid, so why not the reverse?  Sheer genius!

I always went to Spencer's for gag gifts, and this lamp is one BIG JOKE. A cloudy lamp is one thing, but that's ridiculous. Would it be possible to take off the cap, empty cloudy water and add new dist. water w/surf? That's what I would try. And if it didn't work, then I would take it back.

Just got back from getting a refund at my local Spencer's.  Glad they are not scrapping the line, they have potential to be very cool. 

Autumn said:

Wow, that is bad lol. Send it back and get a refund. I will let everyone know when the new stock comes in.

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/forum/topics/a-word-on-the-neons-at-spencers

Not to excuse Lava Lite, but to get a better understanding:

You ordered this and had is shipped from Spencers?  If that is the case the clouding could have happened after it left their warehouse, especially with the recent heat wave.  I know with LL's history for the last decade their quality control is suspect at best, but this could actually be beyond their control.  That being said I am still tempted to order some of these because a it would cost me $50 bucks round trip to get to the nearest Spencers (or Target for that matter) :\

Wow.........just......wow. Been a while since I've seen something like that but I agree with Keith. Probably got shook and boiled while in transit during the heat wave. That blue on the bottom of the globe looks nice though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service