Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I just got my 2nd Glitter grand with the black base today and it leaks.  But only when on, once it heats up and builds up condensation/pressure there is a steady leak that runs from the top down the side of the bottle.

I have 6 grandes now and ive redone 3 myself, and this is the first time ive seen this.  Should i pop the top off and seal the plunger with silicone or what ?

Views: 426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brand new product = get it replaced

Generally speaking anyway

Call them up and have them send you a new one and keep the one you have now for your inconvenience of having to constantly clean the mess the current lamps causing and your grief.  I think everyone here can agree. 

Wow that sucks, I am happy I held off as I would not be happy with a leaky lamp. I am sure you can fix it but you shouldn't have to.

I am curious if you call how they will handle the replacement as the company is now Schylling.

Tinkering with many grandes before I've had this issue with getting that air tight seal, Unless the rubber seal is messed up what I usually do is when I turn it off, after running it for a while, I place a weight on the top of the globe so when it cools the weight applies pressure to the seal and doesn't allow air to get sucked into the globe which usually causes it to leak.

Well it stopped leaking..  I suspect the rubber plungee was put on when cold and when on the massive pressure from the expansion was forcing air out and condensation, because the metal top was being pushed up pretty high in the middle.. I also knocked/ bent that buldge down.  And the air that did escape equalized pressure so when it got cold it created a better equalibrium, like putting the cap on when hot, if that makes sense at all ?

Because it hasnt leaked in the last couple days ive cycled it on and off.

On a side note.. black base looks alot better then the gold i first got

I have two of these lamps and no leaks. I agree with you regarding the gold bases. The new custom grande gold bases are not at all like the 50th Anniversary bases which I was hoping would be the same. The gold bases for the new custom lamps are much cheaper looking and not quite as gold when you match it against the 50th Anniversary gold base. Custom grande gold bases are flat in color and not as shiny. My next purchase will have to be black bases. They just look better. I'm surprised LavaLite has not issued custom grande caps and bases. I could use a few grande lamps with white bases. I had to spray paint two that I had sitting around and they look great. I'd rather have LavaLite original factory paint job.
I have two of these lamps and no leaks. I agree with you regarding the gold bases. The new custom grande gold bases are not at all like the 50th Anniversary bases which I was hoping would be the same. The gold bases for the new custom lamps are much cheaper looking and not quite as gold when you match it against the 50th Anniversary gold base. Custom grande gold bases are flat in color and not as shiny. My next purchase will have to be black bases. They just look better. I'm surprised LavaLite has not issued custom grande caps and bases. I could use a few grande lamps with white bases. I had to spray paint two that I had sitting around and they look great. I'd rather have LavaLite original factory paint job.

Happy it's all sorted, I thought I told you somewhere that the black bases are good. I have one for my yellow and red lava grande

Speaking of 50th anniversary grandes, I have one for sale if anyone is interested, its only been on like 5 times. Hit me up!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service