Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Finally got my Grande working to my liking.

20210109_002903.mp4

Views: 320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, I love your Grande flow, that's what a lava lamp should flow like in my eyes, beautiful 

Thanks! Took alot of different master fluid mixtures to get it just right. Worth the work though.

Susan said:

Wow, I love your Grande flow, that's what a lava lamp should flow like in my eyes, beautiful 

It was well worth the work though, you'd go along way to find another lamp that runs as beautifully, in my opinion. 

Thank you. Have any lamps yourself?

Susan said:

It was well worth the work though, you'd go along way to find another lamp that runs as beautifully, in my opinion. 

Not so many now, we gave most of them away several years ago. We just run two, A white Mathmos Astro Baby and a 90's brushed aluminium Astro, plus some bottles we change between them. Mathmos 50th Anniversary Astro in storage, Crestworth Astro in storage. A couple of unused Crestworth and Mathmos lamps that I will be selling at some point. We don't have a lot of choice for lamps in the UK, Mathmos or the odd one you can find here and there. 

Hey consider yourself lucky. Here in the US we can't buy Mathmos. You have to go through a forwarding service to get a UK address for Mathmos to ship to. Then that address ships it to the US. The US has a monopoly on their cheap ass China lamps. So those are the only ones available over here. Mathmos makes the nicest lamp by faaaar. 

Susan said:

Not so many now, we gave most of them away several years ago. We just run two, A white Mathmos Astro Baby and a 90's brushed aluminium Astro, plus some bottles we change between them. Mathmos 50th Anniversary Astro in storage, Crestworth Astro in storage. A couple of unused Crestworth and Mathmos lamps that I will be selling at some point. We don't have a lot of choice for lamps in the UK, Mathmos or the odd one you can find here and there. 

Of course I had to buy a little transformer because you guys use 220v and we use 120v. Then I had to buy an adapter to change it over to a US plug. Thats how bad I wanted a Mathmos!

Mathmos lamps used to flow more beautifully back in the day in my opinion. The flow was more snake like, more blobs going up and down, moved more freely too. Sadly, we have had quite a bit of trouble with new bottles recently, wax sticking to the sides, bottles not getting hot enough to flow, liquid too dark to see though which is a shame. 

Wow. That's surprising. Luckily mine is working beautifully. But I purposely went for a light color because I've had China lamps where the fluid color and wax color was too dark to see anything. Still, comparing a Mathmos lamp to a US China lamp side by side is laughable.

Susan said:

Mathmos lamps used to flow more beautifully back in the day in my opinion. The flow was more snake like, more blobs going up and down, moved more freely too. Sadly, we have had quite a bit of trouble with new bottles recently, wax sticking to the sides, bottles not getting hot enough to flow, liquid too dark to see though which is a shame. 

It is surprising isn't it, we were surprised lol. I like the lighter coloured waxes myself. Yours looks like its orange with yellow liquid on my screen, I could be wrong though. 

Yes its the orange with yellow. Im thinking about getting an Astro baby now that I know how to sneak them into the country!

Susan said:

It is surprising isn't it, we were surprised lol. I like the lighter coloured waxes myself. Yours looks like its orange with yellow liquid on my screen, I could be wrong though. 

Astro babies are great, they are quicker to start running as well. We stand our Astro baby and Astro next to each other, they look great together. 

KittenChops said:

Yes its the orange with yellow. Im thinking about getting an Astro baby now that I know how to sneak them into the country!

Susan said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service