Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Anyone know a webstore in the US who sells replacement bulbs for Mathmos Astro cheap? :)

Views: 526

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm, so you mean NO ONE knows!!?? :(

http://www.lightbulbemporium.com/search.asp?nobox=&scat=&so...

patience and google are your friends......

You can get 30 watt bulbs as well (what an Astro takes) but they are like $5 a piece or you can get the 40 watt ones which are $1.37 a piece then all you need is a dimmer.

Correct.

Marcel said:

Arent an Astro 40W?

And Astobaby 30W Spot?

my bad I only own 1 astro the rest are jets, telstar etc. (spot light type) so I only have used the 40 watt euro based bulbs with a dimmer. The Astro overheats on the 40 watt full power so I jsut assumed it naturally comes with a 30 watt.
no never tried it just because of the cost difference of the bulbs.  I can get almost 3 - 40w bulbs for the price of 1 - 30w bulb. The dimmer is key though and thanks to Lamphead I learned to make a power strip that has a dimmer on it.
Please do share this information in another thread!!!

Dr. WHAT?! said:
The dimmer is key though and thanks to Lamphead I learned to make a power strip that has a dimmer on it.

I believe the Astro bulbs are 40W, round as a golfball, clear, and have a funny filament like I have never

seen before. Maybe they even have a different voltage spec then US bulbs?

Also, arent the sockets different then the ones in the US?

>> Maybe they even have a different voltage spec then US bulbs?

Yes 220 Volts

>> arent the sockets different then the ones in the US?

Yes.  Euro based.

UK does run on a different voltage then we do and yes the bulb sockets are different as well. But the link I posted are bulbs made for US voltage not UK they just have a UK socket so you don't have to re-fit the lamp base with a US socket. I know when I rewired mine i just replace the cord with a US cord and bought these bulbs. Simple, fast and easy.
No problem! its was really easy to do, they only thing I had a issue with was finding the same dimmer Jim used in the video. I did find them on amazon though. The first one I got, fried itself out, but the replacement worked fine .

WeeboTech said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service