Hello all, first time here.
I have an old lamp that was my grandma's and I'm a little sentimental about it. It must be early 70's minimum because I remember it as a child. I'm sure you all can probably identify it and that might help what I'm trying to do here. A few years ago the cap cracked, it got cloudy and didn't work good anymore. I'm in the process of trying to restore it, using the lava formula I found here. I was about to say goodbye to it because I could not find a replacement cap. Then I realized I could 3D scan the old cap, use that to build it in CAD, and have a replacement 3D printed! So the cap should be back from the printer soon and hopefully it fits and the re-lava goes well. I want to share the file used for the 3D print, it took about 10 hours and some pretty expensive equipment/software to reverse engineer. The cap only cost $13 to print once I made the file. I do want to make sure my replacement fits before I upload it. I will also try to give updates on my overall success with the restore. Here is a picture of the lamp so maybe someone can identify it. Hard to tell in picture but it is gold-ish in color, and the cap screws onto the glass threads with an o-ring seal.