Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a mathmos smart astro lava lamp, if someone has a working or even broken one to sell can contact me? thanks in advance, greetings, Marco. 

Views: 371

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry you’ve not yet had a response to your thread until now. I know there were teething issues when the Smart Astro was introduced in limited numbers a few years ago. For this reason, I would have thought you may have had someone willing to part with theirs. I do own a couple but want to keep hold of them.

Thanks anyway Modulo '70 if you chenge idea please contact me, we can discuss about price :-)

Modulo '70 said:

Sorry you’ve not yet had a response to your thread until now. I know there were teething issues when the Smart Astro was introduced in limited numbers a few years ago. For this reason, I would have thought you may have had someone willing to part with theirs. I do own a couple but want to keep hold of them.

If collecting is the purpose I cant help you but building one (which actually works compared to the DOA one mathmos mostly sold) is not exactly rocket science and I might be willing to help you if you decide to go that way

Actually smart astro is a funny name for what it was...They should have called it "leaving customers feeling dumb and almost ruining the company Astro piece of work"

I just try to make my own but id like to know more about it, my mail il marcomanenti22@gmail.com if you can contact me with more details :-) 

Hey theres not so much to know about. The Heating element is just three metal high power resistors screwed to a circular piece of aluminium. They had three versions with each phasing through a different pattern of colors and with the wax inside still beeing dyed. I dont know if they did this due to patent problems or to achieve more vivid colors though. Somewhere I have one of those resistors, if I find it I can send you a pic but metal refers to the resistor actualy beeing a big piece of aluminium with holes to screw them onto something but I guess the material inside is ceramic or so.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service