Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Sad to say my smart astro has just died, i thought i was gonna be one of the lucky ones whos hasnt developed a fault, recieved it in december number 392 the first problem after a month was the glue failed what held the heating plate in, originaly i was gonna return it, but with xmas etc i kept it as it was working ok.

Today switched on and during the heating up i looked and all was dark, i touched the transformer which felt warm as normal, unplugged checked the cabel in the base that fine but no heat or lights SOOOO its dead :-(

another one bites the dust!

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

after letting the transformer cool down , i replugged it in and left for a while and it hasnt got warm so most likely that has failed,

Oh dear, really sorry to hear that :(
im gutted, i really thought mine was gonna be ok, i will send the base and transformer back to mathmos, 3months old and not working, SAVE THE LIGHT BULBS lol at least when a bulb blow u just replace it and seem to last longer lol

Susan said:
I bet you're gutted, I'm still totally gutted about sending all three of ours back.........well, gutted is way too milder world for it really.

Johnny said:
im gutted, i really thought mine was gonna be ok, i will send the base and transformer back to mathmos, 3months old and not working, SAVE THE LIGHT BULBS lol at least when a bulb blow u just replace it and seem to last longer lol

Susan said:

I use to work for a well known P.C company, sometimes the only way to test a new innotive product was 'out in the field'

so to speak. (No fun for the poor souls in customer services)

Hang on in there. 

Peter :)

That's what it felt like to us! Doesn't fill the customer with much confidence to buy anymore though, that's the only problem.

Aladdin 2 Lava said:

I use to work for a well known P.C company, sometimes the only way to test a new innotive product was 'out in the field'

so to speak. (No fun for the poor souls in customer services)

Hang on in there. 

Peter :)

Point taken.

All I can say is, you were there right at the start of the revolution !

I cant wait to get a Smart Astro :)

LOL :)

At least mathmos seems to be customer oriented and they send out replacements. 

I bet they will make good on it. 

im not happy with customer service, had struggle to understand her axcent, then got told wont be anymore smart astros till the end of the year , so she was willing to refund me str8 away, which i said cant u fix it, we may be able to but no lamps and u could wait a long time, i said i pre-ordered as it was limited and wanted it repaired,  then got told that the batch first run was to test the market to see if there was a demand, and the boss is deciding wether to do more lamps after summer as lava's are winter things, i said is it because there had so many faulty ones there going to improve them with the 2nd run.   im very disapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stand corrected.

Although part of me feels, If they are hand made, they can be hand repaired.

I think it's more then a test to check demand.

It may have been a test of market viability.

If incandescent bulbs are being phased out, they will have to come up with something in order to stay in business.

Still, it's disappointing, but goes to show that both manufactures face issues.

I think that's good sound advice.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service