Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I've decided to remove the info from here and just update it from the lava library. Any other additions or suggestions that should be added to the tutorial please post here.

8/1/11 - I've just added the surfactant amounts for the globes sizes.

8/4/11 - Just updated the color mixing step

https://oozinggoo.ning.com/pages/goo-kits

Views: 5287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please kind sir, make a lava library page so I dont have to copy and paste.
I sure will :)
Sweet! I will be getting a GooKit with my next paycheck. Can't wait for your write-up Shawn. :)
:) I can't wait to get this metallic grande going lol
Updated!
LOVE. YOU! I have a GooKit on the way and a Grande in the mail. Since my grande is a glitter, where should I get a coil and what kind of metal does it have to be? Thank you Shawn!
Hey thanks Ein! :) I hope it helps and it's not to confusing for anyone. You can give that screen that comes with the kit a whirl if you dont want to go out and buy a spring. I've found some decent stainless steel ones at True Value but I think you can find them at any hardware store. Just get the stainless steel . Also if you had 2 small lava spring you could use those together. You may have to stretch them out some to try to make them cover the bottom of the globe more.
Yep, this tutorial makes perfect sense to me. I'll get some springs at the local hardware store. I can't wait! I already have an idea for what I want to do with the grande. :)

Dr. WHAT?! said:
Hey thanks Ein! :) I hope it helps and it's not to confusing for anyone. You can give that screen that comes with the kit a whirl if you dont want to go out and buy a spring. I've found some decent stainless steel ones at True Value but I think you can find them at any hardware store. Just get the stainless steel . Also if you had 2 small lava spring you could use those together. You may have to stretch them out some to try to make them cover the bottom of the globe more.

A request Dr. What.  Is there any way a few quick reference charts can be added?  I would personally love a one stop page that would tell me how much surf to add for the most common globe sizes we will likely be refilling.  I'm thinking 32 ounce, 52 ounce, Excalibur size (150oz.?  200oz.?) and Grande (provided above).  Maybe a note on the expected action if you add less/more surf (snaky versus bubbly, etc.)?

Other items of interest would be level of wax ("x" cm's/inches thick), amount of empty space to leave in the globe, wax coloration techniques (pre-mix vs. while its running, little color versus lots of color, etc.), recommended bulb wattage or dimmer recommendations, spring recommendations (size, gauge, material, etc.).

Oh and eventually you really should include links to the best of the best goo kit creations that have been posted to the site.

you brought up some good points I should add which I will.  Autumn wants me to make a page for this which I will as soon as I find out how to do it :) Autumn welp! Then from there I can keep updating the page.

I can help you with that. :)

Here's your GooKit page: http://oozinggoo.ning.com/pages/goo-kits

You can edit this page to your liking. 

Dr. WHAT?! said:

you brought up some good points I should add which I will.  Autumn wants me to make a page for this which I will as soon as I find out how to do it :) Autumn welp! Then from there I can keep updating the page.

aannnnnnnd done thanks Erin! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service