Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hello everyone,
I'm just making this to keep everyone updated on my recent order. I just purchased the shipping from forward2me. I should have the package soon. I will keep you all informed and of course post pictures when it's flowing. Thank you for the forward2me tip!!! I would have never known about it if I didn't join here and post.

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can't wait for pics!!!!

Just got it today!!! Here are two pictures :-)
Attachments:
As you can see from the pictures it is running too hot. It is bubbling rather than flowing. I have the clear/ turquoise bottle on my rewired astro lamp base. It has a 40W bulb in it. What wattage bulb would I have to get in order to get it to flow instead of bubble?

Can you add a dimmer?  This way you can keep your 40 watter in there but lower it and dial in the flow that you like.  I have dimmers on my goo kits because they can be extremely tempermental when the ambient temperature of the room changes.  At least with the dimmer, I don't have to keep changing bulbs and can control the flow according to whether the a/c is on or the room is on the warmer side. 

P.S.  I luv the color blue on that!!!!!

Could you tell me more about the dimmers please? Would I have to wire it into the plug itself or does it go at the end of the plug and go into the outlet? How long do the dimmers last? I have read that they fail eventually?

Carol said:

Can you add a dimmer?  This way you can keep your 40 watter in there but lower it and dial in the flow that you like.  I have dimmers on my goo kits because they can be extremely tempermental when the ambient temperature of the room changes.  At least with the dimmer, I don't have to keep changing bulbs and can control the flow according to whether the a/c is on or the room is on the warmer side. 

P.S.  I luv the color blue on that!!!!!

You just plug the lamp into the dimmer, then plug the dimmer into the outlet.  I'll post a link to the ones I use.  I only buy this one brand, but I've even bought a Ace Hardware store bought brand and none of mine have failed and they are all a year old or a few months older then a year.  I have never had one fail yet.  I have ran 3 lamps on one dimmer, but that kind of defeats the purpose because as you know they all have they're individual personality, so trying to dial 3 lamps on one dimmer in is kind of impossible.  I now do one lamp to one dimmer.  I guess if you buy super cheap they probably would fail.  I pay about 15.00 bucks for one, but I trust them and like I said, they have never failed me. 

http://www.westsidewholesale.com/lutron-tt-300nlh-wh.html?keyword=G...

Great price for this.  As I said at Ace Hardware I pay around 15.00 with sales tax.  I have a hard time finding them at Lowe's or Home Depot though.

What did all this end up costing you after shipping?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service