Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi folks,

I picked up a nice, almost crystal-clear 1998 Lava Lite at the thrift store.  The downside is that it's missing its top.

Is there anyone who has one from a dead lamp that can help?

I've attached a few images of the lamp. I don't know how many ounces this is, but I'm sure someone else here can. The lamp is about 16 inches tall up to the bottle cap, and the base is 5.5" in diameter.

The base is the kind with pinholes for light to shine out.

The cap says: 25A 980728 73OCCLV

I actually have a silver cap, from another lamp, that fits this, and that cap has a smaller diameter of 2" and a larger diameter of 3". It's the kind of cap that's a "cone with the tip cut off", i.e.with a flat circular top. Not sure if this the standard shape for this lamp or not. Someone, please clue me in.

Thanks!

Views: 396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's some images if they help:

Attachments:

Image two:

Attachments:

Image 3:

Attachments:

You appear to have a black Aristocrat which is a 52 ounce globe.  The cap will be the same as it is for the Century which is another popular style.

Good luck - I bet someone here can help you.

tdd37 said:

Here's some images if they help:

Thanks for the info.  Some eBay searches suggest you are correct, and the "cone with the top cut off" shape is the right one for this lamp.

Go to spencers and pick up a 52oz black base lamp. The caps are metal instead of plastic, but they look close enough.

Yeah, but then what do I do with the one I will have just bought that no longer has a cap?  :)

Thank you for the idea. This lamp is made of metal, not plastic, just FYI.

The original caps were plastic.

I have found someone on my local Craigslist selling a Century lamp.  I will of course want the top for myself, which will leave the globe and the base that I don't want.

The global is mid-90s, has blue fluid and white lava, and the base looks the same as the one in my pictures.

Is there anyone who would be interested in buying those other two parts?

Disregard previous message, turns out it won't work for my purposes after all.  (It's from a different manufacturer, and the top cat is permanently attached.)

So, I'm still looking for a cap...

When I saw this post, I thought, here we go!  We got ourselves another addicted collector!

tdd37 said:

I have found someone on my local Craigslist selling a Century lamp.  I will of course want the top for myself, which will leave the globe and the base that I don't want.

The global is mid-90s, has blue fluid and white lava, and the base looks the same as the one in my pictures.

Is there anyone who would be interested in buying those other two parts?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service