Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

What's your favorite music to play while lava lamping?

I run my lamps while gaming and listening to music... basically, my daily routine. I worked in Harrisburg's last record store for many years so my collection is extremely varied. While I listen to pretty much anything (and am partial to oldschool punk/hardcore and hip hop beats), certain music really fits well with the ambiance my lamps give off. Animal Collective, 13th Floor Elevators, Phantogram, Massive Attack, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Liturgy, Madlib... these are some of my favorite artists to spin when I just want to chill (i.e. playing my NES/SNES instead of my Xbox One lol)

So what music do you enjoy putting on when you have your lamps flowing and you really want to chill? I'm hoping to cop some new grooves :-)

Views: 691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was at a local thrift store the other day and hit it just at the right time when they were putting out a large collection (about 70 or so records) of prog rock, mostly brittish, lots of gentle giant, renaissance rick wakeman and yes. These blend quite well with my lava lamps, especially gentle giant. But 8 & 16 bit video games go great too.

Very nice, I need to hook up my record player (as soon as I find a new power cord). I always find gold at thrift stores. My copy of The Wall, most of my Zepplins, The Who... pretty much all of my classics I found at thrift stores.

My screen name says it all

I would have to say the mellow sounds of Static-X with the calming effects of the lava lamp go perfect together.

Here's a little taste of Static-X, a Favorite of mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps0MfBG5-Uo

I like Static X as well. Especially when my lamps start to overheat and get all chaotic and aggressive. LOL

Mattmos said:

I would have to say the mellow sounds of Static-X with the calming effects of the lava lamp go perfect together.

Here's a little taste of Static-X, a Favorite of mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps0MfBG5-Uo

For any of the old school hip hop fans on the site... 

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/02/14/de-la-soul-reportedly-to-...

NICE! If I didn't already have it all... that's too cool though. Not many artists will do that nowadays.

Oooooo that's about to be my new favorite place... lol

Jerry Goldsmith's sound track to Alien.

hands down....pink Floyd!

Dianna Krall….anything by her.  

2:00 AM Paradise Cafe' by Manilow (don't laugh 'til you've heard it)  features Sarah Vaughn, Mel Torme', Gerry Mulligan, Billy Mays, and more.  All Jazz era icons….also Johnny Mercer lyrics were finished and produced by Manilow for this record.  It is (was quite a departure from his pop fare).  The whole album was recorded in an unrehearsed single 45 minute take from beginning to end.  Perfection, and a very important recording certainly Manilows finest work.

All the greats as mentioned but ch ch changes  with my mood lol.

Right now its The Lightning Seeds... Pure and Simple Every Time.  :)))

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service