Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have 6 newer lamps 17 inch. 7 70s lamps 5 are 52oz ones.  And i was thinking of buying ome of those huge Grande lamps.. but reviews of this lamp seem pretty bad.

cloudy water and so forth i imagine from shipping so ill ship it via amazon prime so i should get it in 2 days to minimize that..  But other reviews mention the dye in the water always disapears after a few months and the lava stops flowing after like 9 moths.

Seems pretty crappy for near 100$...  What are your guys experiences ? 

Views: 2168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Color change topic

That is a nice color combination on the photo above but that is not what I am referring to

See these videos for one-of-a-kind lamps that are programmable

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_ArZsJCHjfvqr160LnLrZQ?view_as=su...

Kits are specific for grandes

OOOO ok you mean, color changing Lights, i assume you wired a LED near the bulb/base to have it change colors in a clear liquid ?

Are the you the guy who sells lamps on ebay ?  Like this one ?  I really like this lamp someone redid, but i do think it needs more wax.. it looks kinda low to me but then i like my lamps stuffed with wax..  The 32OZ bottles today they shoot like little bubbles out because after 2 large ones its so low on wax all it can do is shoot tiny ones..   My Lamp i reddid in my pic it has 1 1/2 32oz bottles of wax in it.  Thats why it has 4 large bubbles and one other coming up

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Vintage-Gold-Starlight-Century-Lava...

Well its a bit more complicated than that

Power supply, a lamp dimmer, RF receiver for the handheld remote control and a Specific sized LED ring

Here is one I made for my Mathmos  LUNARs

That Ebay seller  (Ryan) is not me but is a good friend of mine

He is a veterinarian out of Dallas Texas that sends me some of his lamps to perform specialty work on,

And how much would this led thing cost ?

$80 shipped to lower 48

Its prewired

Includes 150-watt heating element

Some electrical/mechanical ability is required for installation

(I can walk you through it on the phone)

Or buy a completed one in brushed silver with blacklight sensitive goo for $225+_shipping

(Identical to the one on youtube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5hl1JmpoHs

Id probably do the pre-wired one, and install it myself.   I work on cars so i have pretty advanced electrical and mechanical abilities.

I would have to wait until pya day though. 

Side note im kinda shocked and stoked they gave me that cloudy one and a 20$ credit lol.    If i were to color the water though what do you think would look good with the yellow wax ?

With yellow wax, your open to pretty much anything

Green, orange, purple, blue, maybe even pink/red

depends on your preference

Well the purple clear one i have when its on the water looks redish orange.. Not purple.  The wax also looks orange and then more red up top.. which is kinda weird lol but i guess with the light on and yellow wax on the bottom the purple would never look purple.

hrmmm

A lot depends on the light spectrum of the bulb with some colors

My mathmos pink looks purple when its off

Well its a white light, so im assuming its around the 6500k spectrum if its were more yellow it be like 3000k.  And if it were more blue itd like 8k or higher.

I actually prefer the redish orange it looks like when on..  I didnt like purple lol.. but its like all they have besides the green one.   I guess i can seem some violet in the redish.orange.. 

Here it is with flash and without.

glash you can see the purple.. without its kinda more what my eyes see.

on a side note.. this clear one the globe was sitting on the bulb...  When i put it in the base it was wobbling and i could hear it tink when i set it down.. I had to bend.. or push the bulb stand down to keep it iff the globe..  Im sure its still touhing but at keast it isnt pushing up on the globe.  Kinda worried the globe will shatter with the bulb touching it.

Well that shouldn't be

The blub should be @1/2 inch below the base of the globe

Sure they sent the right bulb?

Jon said:

Here it is with flash and without.

glash you can see the purple.. without its kinda more what my eyes see.

on a side note.. this clear one the globe was sitting on the bulb...  When i put it in the base it was wobbling and i could hear it tink when i set it down.. I had to bend.. or push the bulb stand down to keep it iff the globe..  Im sure its still touhing but at keast it isnt pushing up on the globe.  Kinda worried the globe will shatter with the bulb touching it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service