Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I'm taking a collection - disaster relief for Weebotech (Rob)

Weebotech (Rob) has lost nearly everything due to Hurricane Sandy. :( House, car, all of it... wrecked. Rob has been an amazing friend and acquaintance to many of us here. I can personally attest to his caring nature and kind spirit. Many of those (including Rob) will not have any sort of financial help from insurance as this was a flood, and people don't tend to carry flood insurance when you live in a place that doesn't flood. 

I'm going to keep this short and add details as I know them, but I'm taking up a collection. If you'd like to donate, please contact me via PM and I'll give you my Paypal addy. 

All donations will go to Rob. Period. I will keep a list of all donations, but will not post anything here in terms of amount. Maybe a total when we're done. 

Any amount helps. A huge thanks to Kira for keeping me informed and getting this started. I'd like to leave this open for at least a few weeks, making disbursements to Rob as soon as we get enough funds. 

Some of you are FB friends with Rob - you can see pics of the damage there and contact him, if you'd like. 

Have questions, ask away. Let's get this started and help our friend. 

Views: 2182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Major props to both you and Kira, Erin.  Not at all surprised that the two of you are stepping up and coordinating this.  Its what I expect having come to get to know both of you.  From reading about Rob's ordeal, it appears that he was denied insurance due to his proximity to the water (i.e. high risk).  I was worried sick about Rob and had been trying to call him relentlessly since the storm hit.  Especially in light of his proximity to Breezy Point where the massive fire claimed upwards of 100 homes.  I'm just glad that he is OK; material items (his losses) are secondary in this type of disaster.

Erin - I do believe I already have your Paypal address and will send you some funds shortly.

Awesome. :) Thanks so much Jim. He has some pics posted on Facebook, but I didn't feel it was my place to post them here. He's safe, and that's what's most important. 

I live another grand day!!!! Bunking with my buddy until I figure out what to do. I applied for FEMA we'll see how that works out. 

Jim if you send a payment, please send it as a GIFT.

Hello Rob! Glad to hear you're OK. Please keep us posted. :)

You have mail.  :-)

Erin said:

I am taking the liberty to add a face to this thread.  Please note his meticulous attention to symmetry.  :-)  Oh, and he has decent tastes in lamps.

Not yet I don't. I'll keep my eye out. 

Jim said:

You have mail.  :-)

Erin said:

Hi everyone.. here is the thing.. unless you have gone thru this ( which I have multiple times and lost ALL 2 times.. its devastating.. Just imagine if you can.. and to be straight to the point Rob needs our help.. We all know what an outstanding dude he is to all.. We need to come together as a community and show some love. I cant stress to you how slow the process can be and FEMA simply can not be counted on..especially as a renter. I would love to see Rob be able to afford transportation and gain some control in his world..

Maybe you can only afford a few bucks.. guess what.. thats a meal, or perhaps a winter coat.. Every bit helps him..

Thanks so much everyone...

Thank you to everyone who was able to donate. I'm truly humbled by your generosity and out pouring of support. 
That's what has made me strong through all of this. It's the community of lava lovers and great people that keep me coming back!

Love you guys.. Now off to Rockaway to see if I can salvage a few precious pieces. 

Love YOU, amazing soul!

Have a look at your Paypal account.

I think about you, even though I'm far away in Canada. But I'm NEAR in spirit.

Many hugs, Handsome!!

Your VERY grateful friend from Quebec

Isabelle XXXXX

If I could like an individual post within a thread I would like this one.  Very awesome Isabelle!

Isabelle Martin said:

Love YOU, amazing soul!

Have a look at your Paypal account.

I think about you, even though I'm far away in Canada. But I'm NEAR in spirit.

Many hugs, Handsome!!

Your VERY grateful friend from Quebec

Isabelle XXXXX

WebooTech, I hope you'll recover many stuffs.

Good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service