Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Saw this on facebook, they didn't do a good job showing this "tricolored hand painted globe" looks like a regular old pink/white. Not sure how I feel about this one either.

Views: 3871

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh ok I see that is a 50th Grande....yawn....again NOT interested! I think those 50th lamps are BIG flop in my opinion!!! Gee it seems I have nothing good to say about the new line...lol. I'm just so disappointed!

Jim said:

They have announced nine "new" lamps thus far and only the two announced 50th anniversary lamps are 32 ounce or larger. Of the remaining seven, five are 14.5" tall lamps (assumed to be 20 ounce). The remaining two items are complete turds - a 10" tall "blizzard" lamp and an even shittier disco ball.

Tim - I suspect a Grande will be added for the 50th. They have essentially indicated such via their shoddy website design. The main lamp shown on their 50th Anniversary Lamps page is a Grande, and then you have the option to select the 32 ounce or 52 ounce for purchase. http://lavalamp.com/50th-anniversary-lamps-2.

Not sure what they intend to offer to complete the 50th lineup, as I am not sure what they're thinking thus far. The 32 ounce lamp utilizes the stock 32 ounce base with the embossed 50th Anniversary graphic. The 52 ounce is shaped like an Aristocrat, but lacks pinholes. If you want to tip your cap to your heritage, why not make it a true Aristocrat with pinholes. Therein lies my confusion. Maybe a Century or a Wizard? They should really do both though.  Should be a five lamp lineup (with more color options, maybe even go old school and sell the base/cap and globe separately like they did for awhile with US production). Lineup should have been - 32 ounce, Century, Aristocrat, Wizard and Grande.

Rob C said:

Today, I love how they replied to Jim that they'd pass along his request for bigger lamps to their "product development team." Seriously? The thought of bigger lamps never even crossed their minds? Carol's point is well taken - all they had to do was spend a few hours here for a wealth of ideas.

Ya know the sad thing is that not all of us can road trip (no offense Jim) it out to LL's headquarters.  We seriously have to reply on our lamps being shipped to us.  It's bad enough that when I decide to take the hour and 1/2 drive to Spencer's, then start pulling tubes like a nut, it sometimes takes me 5 or more opening up of boxes to find one that either doesn't have the fluff or metal ufo objects floating in it or doesn't have a globe that looks like the planetarium that I used to visit on field trips in grade school.  I just know my luck i'll get a dud if I reply on it being shipped.  Just my luck!!!  I haven't nor will I have a china lamp shipped.  Heard too many horror stories from being a member of OG for a year.  I did have them replace a 52 oz lamp for me through the mail and although it came clear, it ended up being one that detached 1/2 off the coil and sucked up water and sent a pea size globe of lava up every 10 secs or so....so no thanks!!!

Oh, not to mention the loss of shipping monies to send the crap back and what was paid for shipping to get it in the first place!!!  Unless one get one of those free shipping deals, you still end up having to deal with shipping back and spending the monies to ship said defective lamp back to where it came from...what a headache!!!

Hmmmm this may look good on my darkside base,

Since lava lite seems to be making many new "colormax" style painted globes, perhaps we'll see it in a grande. That would be awesome!

Ok - this one is not half bad and would certainly consider purchasing it. This does seem tailor-made for your Darkside base.

Dr. WHAT?! said:

that base is painted.

analoghaze said:

If you had the base and cap painted it would look great.

Dr. WHAT?! said:

The pic of the darkside lamp is a old one, I dont have that globe on there anymore its now Kirk's large holographic glitter which would be a perfect candidate for a transplant into this rainbow globe.

Jim said:

Ok - this one is not half bad and would certainly consider purchasing it. This does seem tailor-made for your Darkside base.

Dr. WHAT?! said:

lol no worries, its Monday :)

Ok, if the flow would be decent, I would definitely consider the 52 colormax, but for some reason I have the feeling it would end up being a transplant, glitter or kit......I do like the fact of a colormax in a 52 oz'er though!!!  It would be decent in a grande, but again, flow?  typical china juggler?

Dr. What, would def look hot on that darkside lamp!!!!!!  Now are you saying you would put the rainbow glitter into the colormax globe???  That would be quite different!!!

God, those Floyd  lamps are the bomb diggity of lamps!!!!!  I adore those!!!  lolol!!

Thanks Carol!, no I was saying I would take Kirk's large holographic fast glitter in clear fluid and put that in this colormax globe!, I think that would look amazing cuase we all know the wax will suck,

Yep, thought so!!!!  That would look awesome.....glitter in a colormax globe......hum....might be a first!!  Wonder if anyone has done that yet???  I want to say I THOUGHT I saw Haze has done that, but not quite sure.....

They made a 52 oz before a long time ago with just a 3 color (red,blue,green) globe and the wax was 100time worse then it is now.  But I made one from one of those with slow moving clear glitter and ended up selling it on ebay but this one with all the colors should be cool.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service