Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Well I have a question about the instructions that come with the Lava Lamp. Ok well in the instructions that Lava World sends with the lamp states that you should not put the lamp on a glass table. I have a table with a glass top that I would like to put it on. Dose some one know the resin you are not to put the lamp on a glass table top.

Roger

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dose someone have some info on this?

Roger
I have some of mine on a mirrored table, which is glass and have had no problems, I dont know. Its probably a warning that stemed from one incident (ie: someone dropped it on a glass table and broke the table and complained to lava world and now they put that warning) Anyone else have a better reason?
The warning is like any other....to prevent stupid lawsuits....Have any of you ever wanted to eat that little bag of silica that comes in electronics packages ??? hopefully not, yet everone of them says "do not eat".....McDonalds coffee says "warning hot".....really ?? unless I ordered iced coffee, I would not expect anything less. LavaLites also warn against drinking the contents....sorry, but I never had that urge..LOL

Anyway, back on subject....If the glass is tempered, you will have no problem...most tables made of glass SHOULD be tempered so should be OK. Most of my collection is on tempered glass shelfs and I have had no problems at all for years....Untempered glass on the other hand gets weaker as it gets hot, that is probably where the warning stems from......BUT just to be safe...... I offer no warranty's, implied or otherwise, I can not be held responsible for your misuse or abuse of the product, intentional or otherwise and if a problem does arise you agree to have it settled by a arbitraitor of my choice to be paid by the consumer, you.

( Off topic..kind of.......A few months back, I purchased a new Honda CRV for my wife, which I traded the old one in on...The dealer hands me a paper to sign guaranteeing the airbags work on the trade in....I ask him "how am I going to know if they work since I did not install them" and he said "its just a basic form for trade ins and everyone signs them" I told him "I will not sign them", he says "no problem".....next up was the arbitraitor agreement in which if I find the dealer has wronged me in the deal, I agree to have it settled by THEIR arbitraitor, again I tell him "im not signing" again he says "there just general paperwork, everyone signs them" I say "I refuse" again he says "no problem". Every corporation is trying to shield themselfs from their responsibilities.......

LampHead
Well thanks so much for the great info. My tables glass is tempered. I am not going to worrie about it and use the table.

Roger

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service