Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Wow,
I can't believe I did this...

I bought a 40w Appliance bulb, and actually put it in my oven.

Views: 119

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Appliance bulbs are.....kinda....sorta....made to be able to handle the intense heat of an oven.......or extreme colds like your fridge or freezer.

W_J
We have an old oven at home, and it uses the standard old 40W appliance bulb; I think those bulbs can handle at least 600 degrees Fahrenheit or more without a hitch. The glass probably won't start getting soft until well over 1200. No big deal, really - they are all glass, ceramic, metal (tungsten), and some sort of inorganic compound for the frosting. Although I'd bet I could easily melt one in my ceramics kiln.

▶ Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

andy ross left a comment for Fabian
Sep 27
Patricia updated their profile
Sep 7
Paulb left a comment for Fabian
Sep 7
Modulo '70 left a comment for Accuphased
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for Angel Rock
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for Zodotheus
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for yuriy
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for Jacob Lepley
Aug 30

GooHeads

© 2026   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service