Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

hi ive just bought a lava lamp from ebay, sadly when it turned up it had been leaking has ive noticed the top wasnt sealed,anyway lothe as i am to throw away is there any way i can add anything to it to fill it up again? julies xx

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jewels,

I've had a few mathmos Astros which i've topped up with distilled water and they have been fine. You do have to be careful how much distilled water you use and whether it is suitable for the solution in your particular lamps.

I wouldn't recommend using water to top up any glitter lamps.

Hope you get plenty of sound advice as there are a lot more here who are more knowledgable than me.
regards
Jerome
it was half empty, but added some water now it doesnt work. im gutted,have i ruined it?
Hi Jewels

What type of water did you add? it must be distilled!
yes it was distilled.have i ruined it now?,if so is there anything i can get to use the lamp,as it matches my other one in style, i cant throw it away.
i only got the green one yesterday from ebay, it didnt have a seal on and was sent in a fold up box that was wet through and came in a royal mail bag!!!!!so thats in dispute,but its a lovely lamp, ive a red one the same my fav one so id like to try salvage it,ill look out for a similar one, hopfully i get my money back with this one and can get one to sort it, thank you its appreciated,first time today in this site and i have to say what a lovely friendly bunch of people you all are,:-) xxx

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service