Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I think 40W is too high for 32oz, but perfect for 52oz.

I've been watching my lamps these last few days. I haven't turned them on much recently because I overheated a 32oz not long ago and now I'm almost afraid to turn them on.

But I started turning a few of them on recently and I've noticed something.

40 watt bulbs are too hot for 32oz lamps. For a 52oz the 40W seems to be perfect. For the 32oz. The 40W is just too hot. MAYBE a 40W Frosted works, but I'm worried that it is too hot as well.

I'll be buying a 30W Frosted bulbs and trying that out on one of my notorious overheaters. Anyone have experience with 30W as compared to 40W?

I wish I could find a 35W A15 bulb. I'm just at a loss of what to do. The instructions say it works best at 70-74 but when the temp in the house got to 68 I had an overheat. Just last night I saw one that looked a little warm. Went to touch it and near burned my finger!

So in any case, the arguement I wish to present is... Are 40W bulbs too hot for 32oz in your opinion?

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its funny you start this topic, i was just aking someone if there was a 30watt bulb i could try in my 32 oz'ers because i felt the 40 watts are too strong, especially because of how many i have and how close together, they generate much heat. come to think of it too, very few of mine have frosted bulb, didnt think about that making a diff. Let me know how the 30watter comes out!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service