Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have been looking around for silver streak lava lamps but I get two different results. I see pictures were the silver streaks say lava on the base but then see other pictures of them without it. so what does a real silver streak look like?

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

how are they silver streaks? Don't say that they are. are all 32oz silver lava lamps silver streaks? that's is what i can't tell. I guess I don't know what I am looking for.
I thought the silver streaks had the words LAVA on the bottom but who knows i may be wrong.
see, that is what is confusing me. some show a silver streak without the lava name on the base and some do so i don't know if they are real or not. am guessing the real ones would have the lava name on the base but the ones without look exactly like a lava brand. wierd, even on endoftherainbow-gifts.com show them both ways which makes it even more confusing.
Ok, heres the low down....A Silver Streak is any color 32oz globe on the silver ( aluminum ) base. The orginal USA made Silver Streaks came both ways....some said "Lava" on the base, but most did not. When it says "Lava" on the base its a sure thing its a USA made model. If your in doubt ask the seller what the bottle cap says...if it says "LavaLite" its a USA made model. Pam at endoftherainbow is good to deal with and lists the lamps as discontinued....these are the 52oz USA models http://www.endoftherainbow-gifts.com/52ozretired.html these are the 32oz models http://www.endoftherainbow-gifts.com/32ozretired.html . You could ask her if she has the "Lava" base ones. They did this to every model except the 52ozers, I have Silver and Black Wizard bases, Red/Blue/Green/Purple Swirls and Midnights with "Lava" on the base...I think they randomly stamped them from 1998 to 2001 (about the range of the globe dates I noted), but as I said, most originals do not have "Lava" on the base, but they are real.....its all on the cap..if it says "LavaLite" its the real deal.

LampHead

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service