Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

This is probably a motion lamp and not a true lava brand lamp but still have a couple of questions. Does anyone know who made these lamp and how much these are really worth?

Views: 610

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im not really sure who made them, but they are made in China. The price varies, I have seen them go for over $100 last summer and since, I have seen a few go for under $20. The wax will be trash after very little use, but they are excellent refill candidates. I have the same globe type in several glitter varations which run very well, but the lavas have all failed within 1 year. If you like the Dew, go for it and refill with original LavaWorld when needed.

LampHead
so you can refill by buying a globe with green liquid and yellow wax from a lava brand globe? hmmm what ounces are the mt. dew globes? and were do you find just a globe filled with the same stuff of lava brand?

But ya, I am getting one for like $22 so is good that I got it at a good price then. just bought it cause it says mountain dew and I like lava lamps. so i guess if it goes to pot I will find a way to switch out the wax and liquid.
I am new here and I have been thinking about doing some transplants but i am not sure how to do them. I see you are suggesting this for the mountain Dew Lamp so i am just going to ask here if theres any good tutorials on doing so and if there were any galeries of Transplants.
what i get from it is that a transpland is nothing more than transfering the liquid and wax from a lava brand lava lamp into the mt.dew one. but you have to do it a spacific way.
after emptying and cleaning the mt. dew container use these steps to the lava brand lamp:
1) drain water into a clean container.
2) heat up wax
3) pour through funnel into the mt.dew container.
4) Let the wax cool for a few hours.
5) pour the liquid from the clean container into the lamp.
6) turn on and let heat up for a few hours.
7) use rubber stopper for the cap, push back down if pops up or off. keep doing this until it stays.
8) enjoy your tranfer.

I have also started a group to those who want to fix, repair, and customize thier lamps called the chop shop.
The mountain dew globe holds about 22 to 24 ounces if I remember, I know I had some left over in a 32oz globe when I did the transfer.

For those of you thinking of transfers, I would recommend getting a bottle capper and some bottle caps (about $20 on Ebay) to reseal them properly.

LampHead
Thanks for your help. I didn't know that they sell bottle cappers lol now i know. so, can you just cap them when they are cold or do you have to get them goin first?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service