Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

hi everyone - was just listing a lava lamp related item on ebay & got sidetracked by this fab website! aren't lava lamps great! love love love the cannon - i've been dealing in retro for over 20 years & have never seen that - a-mazing!
i was even lucky enough to meet Craven Walker a few years back & shook his hand enthusiastically - what a lovely man - polite & humble - i wonder whether he fully grasped what an influence his invention has had on so many people's life's over the years?!
so - i think some of you might be interested to know that my lava lamp related item is actually a Crestworth Twiggy lamp - thought i noticed someone was after one. Not only did my parents (who could never really have been accused of being groovy) buy our first lava lamp at the ideal home exhibition in the 70's, they then went & bought a twiggy lamp at another one! guess they thought they went well with the orange flower curtains & brown velour 3-piece suite!
really looking forward to seeing some more 'rare' finds here in the future - bye for now LL

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How fab that you met Mr C-W i'm sure he was a true gent and sorely missed.

I went to your shop a few years ago (deptford area)? Loved every minute of the retro lovliness!
thanks for your kind retro words! our shop was in greenwich (so near deptford) really glad you visited as it was my pride & joy for many years & we closed it sadly after 13 happy years, was just time for a change for us & greenwich had lost its vibe & way long ago.
yes mr C.W was a gent of the ol' skool - i'm sure he's in lava heaven now delighted how his legacy lives on!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service