Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

1960's Crestworth Astro, can anyone identify model etc.

Hi everyone, well after a very long wait the lamp I think I paid way too much money, for has arrived. It is as cloudy as heck and looks to have something wrong with the wax.

Please can anyone give me further details or comments, good or bad comments welcome.

The actual metal base is in two bits, the top half of the cone base screws into the bottom bit. Strange thing is it has a metal base (I didn't think the early ones had a metal base)

The wax is all blotchy and the liquid is very cloudy, it looked clear on the sellers photo and it also looked lower on that photo than it is now.

I didn't know if the copper effect top came off like a normal astro so thought I'd check and it wasn't sealed so, it's not looking good so far. There's one heck of a lot of wax in there which is bright orange in colour. The liquid is an orange/yellow colour.

Have a bought a pup please?

Thanks for your help :)

Don't know exacty how to attach photos but I will add three on this post and then add the others in other posts.

Views: 102

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, I totally agree, I think it's perfect too, it's flowing wonderfully now as well. It actually cleared a whole lot over night which was good. I would also say that it is original as well, from the way that the lava flows, it is very different to how Mathmos astro bottles flow.

All that panicing I did lol, you can tell I'm not used to buying vintage goo .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service