Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

....Astrolav !....It is a clear/pink.

Well done Astrolav and thanks to all those who had some fun taking part....

Astrolav, your prize will last for approximately 15 seconds after I post this, dont waste it ! Photobucket What colour is this Astrolamp when switched on ?Photobucket I'll leave it open for 24hrs ish. Prize...Kudos from the members of the best Lava Forum on the internet. Well I've got nothing better to do on a dreary rainy ole day in Luton !

Edit...First correct answer wins.

Views: 347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its the best I could do, the true colour is in the middle of the base of the image, the photo of the lamp switched off is a good image of the colour of the wax though....

Second prize...unlimited access to the mods control panel for 5 seconds... aww shame, you already are one..lol.

Erin said:

I say I should be runner-up. That looks magenta to me. ;)

LOL I accept my prize. :D

LOL...I had the opposite reaction when I got my globe, it was listed on ebay as clear/PURPLE Mathmos bottle only...

...BNIB BIN £9.99 !

I thought this is too good to be true and took a chance and bought it. When it arrived the label on the box said clear/pink...

my heart sank ( its the last colour I would choose) when I got the globe out of the box the wax as we know IS purple when cold. so I thought  great its a purple, just in the wrong box...fired it up and it turned pink...ugh !

However once it got flowing and glowing I loved it, not a girly pink but ultraviolet "ping" the eyeball dayglo pink !

Its one of my favorite lamps now, perfect for grey rainy days. :)

Astralav said:

I know what you mean Dr What?...I was originally going to post just a couple of before and after photo's then decided to do the competition (I stole the idea from another forum)....Do you own a "Magic Lava" lamp ? I've only seen photo's and descriptions....would be intresting to see one warming up and spiking !

I've got three China Motion lamps (oh dear, my dirty little secrets out there now) and the blue/blue colourway changes colour just as I've heard Magic lava does....The blue wax glows scarlet when switched on then turns pink then turquoise thro to blue as it warms up and spikes. Not bad for a cheap lamp.

Dr. WHAT?! said:

lol how in the hell is this not the magic goo?

No I dont own the magic wax but I've seen it a few times. I do have a gookit lamp that is sort of magically lol its green in brightly lite room, and slowly turns red with when the room darkens..

Yeah I think its because gookit wax is more of a transparent wax then other waxes like Mathmos and LL.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service