Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

UPS finally delivered my lamp today. Was extremely excited until I opened it up. It appears they stacked something on top of the box and in doing so, cracked the bottom acrylic sphere. Broke 3 chunks out of it. It was resting on the stand in those 3 areas so that's what did it. Everything else is fine. Really sucks.

However, there is a silver lining. It was insured and I am claiming it. I have also found two manufacturers that make globes. One of them seems to have one that appears to be an almost exact match. The other company will actually make one to my specifications. I am going to see who is cheaper. Either way, I think I might have a replacement in the works. I am really excited about that. It will be like nothing ever happened.

Other than that, this thing is a BEAST! Absolutely stunning. Works and looks perfect and is awe inspiring!

Views: 326

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I finally had some time to set this bad boy up for a photo shoot. The photos can be seen in my album and the video is coming in just a few minutes.

Photos - http://oozinggoo.ning.com/photo/albums/fantasia-fiber-optic-lamps

The lamp details are as follows:

Height - 36" (3 Feet)
Width - 23"
Torch Height - 21"

The lamp uses a Sunburst lamp with a long tube that extends down the lamp to about 4" from the floor. The tube houses the cord and is hollow. The fan inside the lamp sucks air through the tube, up and into the lamp to keep it cool. As usual, everything is chrome. and in excellent condition. I dusted and cleaned the lamp and it's like new. The spray is huge! It was dirty, but I did clean it as well. It is now pure white, like new too. Standard color wheel of 8 colors. Bottom dome has a hole that supports the torch. Both domes are 21" wide and 10" tall. The bottom dome rests on the table legs by a 1" lip around the dome. The top dome rests on the bottom dome with this same lip.

I love this thing! You can't really tell that it was damaged, but it is evident. The awe kinda detracts from the damage which is a good thing. Other than that, the lamp is perfection.

I hope you all enjoy it. I will post a couple pics here, but please go see the video and the photo album. Much more in there!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service