Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I need to fix a Meditterranean.   Does anyone have any good sources to find some good wax that isn't too expensive? 

Thanks!!!

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you have a spare globe that's US-made? That's the best place to get good wax. Good liquid is another story. ;) Some here have had success putting US-made Lava Lite wax and liquid from 90s globes into Consort-style bottles. Maybe try that?
Yeah, I was hoping someone knew of a good source for US wax.  I don't have any good wax to spare.  I'm trying ebay but it's hard to really know if it's china made or USA made.  Thanks!
Jennifer, i actually refilled a consort 3 days ago and have half of a 32 oz globe which is enough for your mediteranean. It has a good flow, it is as clear as water, but it has these little white chunks in the wax. You have to be like 1 foot away to even notice them, and it also has a strange center of gravity so the wax likes to gather at the top and drip down. If you look under my profile i have about 20 pictures i quickly took. If you we can work something out i'll sell you the wax and fluid

You did a great job!  I have to have red wax though.  I am doing this for an oozing goo member actually and he wants to keep with the original.  Thanks though!



I Eat Spam said:

Jennifer, i actually refilled a consort 3 days ago and have half of a 32 oz globe which is enough for your mediteranean. It has a good flow, it is as clear as water, but it has these little white chunks in the wax. You have to be like 1 foot away to even notice them, and it also has a strange center of gravity so the wax likes to gather at the top and drip down. If you look under my profile i have about 20 pictures i quickly took. If you we can work something out i'll sell you the wax and fluid
well best of luck then.

I can help you out - i can get a mathmos lamp off ebay and then just send you the wax, we can then sort some fair cost out.

Unforantly I recived a red astro which got smashed in the post and I dident think of keeping the wax - if i had then I would have sent it to you.

You shouldnt just use the wax and liquid from two different lamps. It doesnt always work. What you need to do is find a 32oz globe and use half of the contents to refill your Mediterranean. Here are some usa globes for under $20.

 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lava-Lite-lava-lamp-Works-great-/19...                   <-- clear/purple

http://www.ebay.com/itm/lava-lite-lava-motion-lamp-Midnight-series-...                        <-- blue/yellow

 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lava-Lamp-Silver-Base-w-Red-Lava-/3...                 <-- clear/red

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Creamy-White-Lava-Lamp-Light-/17070026...               <-- blue/white

 

Mathmos wax would be awesome-I've never worked with it though-is it much different?  The owner of the lamp I'm fixing wants red and clear wax.  How much would that be?
Tim Gill said:

I can help you out - i can get a mathmos lamp off ebay and then just send you the wax, we can then sort some fair cost out.

Unforantly I recived a red astro which got smashed in the post and I dident think of keeping the wax - if i had then I would have sent it to you.

I assume I would have to make my own liquid, if the liquid is clear that would just be a bonus!!  I saw that red and clear and wondered if that would be quality wax.  Thanks so much for finding these.  You're so helpful!

Autumn said:

You shouldnt just use the wax and liquid from two different lamps. It doesnt always work. What you need to do is find a 32oz globe and use half of the contents to refill your Mediterranean. Here are some usa globes for under $20.

 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lava-Lite-lava-lamp-Works-great-/19...                   <-- clear/purple

http://www.ebay.com/itm/lava-lite-lava-motion-lamp-Midnight-series-...                        <-- blue/yellow

 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lava-Lamp-Silver-Base-w-Red-Lava-/3...                 <-- clear/red

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Creamy-White-Lava-Lamp-Light-/17070026...               <-- blue/white

 

I think your best option would be to get the clear/red lamp which Autumn just listed - it seams like you will get it for a good price so just trandsfer the contense of the lamp over to the Meditterranean globe (i think it will all fit in) 

I will take your advice and see if my friend can get that lamp!  Thanks so much!

Tim Gill said:

I think your best option would be to get the clear/red lamp which Autumn just listed - it seams like you will get it for a good price so just trandsfer the contense of the lamp over to the Meditterranean globe (i think it will all fit in)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service