Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

So how many of you have lamps at work? I am considering bringing a giant to work just to see what people say.

Views: 2699

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish I had a desk or personal area at work where I could show off some lamps.  Erin, I am loving that Blue/White Silver Centiury and Purple/Yellow Silver Streak :D.  Can I ask what you do?

I can't put any up at work.  I work in an asshole office, save for a few people.  I wouldn't want to deal with the ignorant comments.  I'm like Lamphead, under the radar as much as  possible.

I work in marketing for a copier/IT company. We get to do whatever we want with our cubes, within reason. My cube is the most obnoxious, by a long shot. ;)

Here's the other side:

MattMJB0188 said:

I wish I had a desk or personal area at work where I could show off some lamps.  Erin, I am loving that Blue/White Silver Centiury and Purple/Yellow Silver Streak :D.  Can I ask what you do?

That's awesome!!! Love your style! :)

Thank you Matt. :) I can assure you my home does not look like this!

Thanks Keith for pointing me to this thread.

Since I started collecting (about 2 1/2 months now), my office mates have been treated to a lava lamp of the week.  Every Monday, I bring in a new lava lamp, fill out a small placard with the lamp's name and when made.  Lots of folks have stopped by to gaze on the lava.  So far I've displayed a vintage red/yellow Century, white/blue silver Wizard, Obama icon (Austin is a liberal haven), Consort, and Stardust glitter.

This week's lamp will be... the new Rainbow!  Let's see the reaction.  I predict they'll want it!

Kirk, I love your enthusiasm! No one at work really cares about my lava lamps. Oh well! 

Oh, man!  Those look so cool, even with the rainbow base!

Here's my updated cube. I moved a few cubes over. :) I think Trevor's pink Elek-Trick he sold me has re-ignited my lava enthusiasm! 

The pink is awesome!

Erin said:

Here's my updated cube. I moved a few cubes over. :) I think Trevor's pink Elek-Trick he sold me has re-ignited my lava enthusiasm! 

This week's lava lamp(s) displayed at my office - Restored Midnight Purple/Clear and New Rainbow!

The Midnight was given to me by one of my colleagues.  It didn't flow and it didn't have a cap.  I put an in-line dimmer switch on it, found a cap, put a 60w bulb in it, and gave it a few milliliters of salt water.  It flows great now!

Ha! Love the little signs. :) Interesting that the rainbow is shorter than the regular 32oz. midnight.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service