Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

So how many of you have lamps at work? I am considering bringing a giant to work just to see what people say.

Views: 2699

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The quilt is awesome.

The quilt *is* nice! Very cool. Kirk, I love your lava displays. So cool. :)

Wow, that coach is spectacular!

Keith - Thanks.  The coach is pretty special.

Look what wandered into the office this week!

Got it cheap on Craigslist - Thanks for the help on value, Jim!  Ummm... I'm starting to get the icon itch.

By the way, I was out sick yesterday and there was much discontent over the missing lava lamp.  Seems the lava lamp of the week is bringing all kinds of folks together at my office.  :>)

People at my work love to pick on me for having 2 lamps on my desk but they always come look at them. Veiled jealousy!

Yup - they'll come around, Ben.  It's harder for some to give in to their inner child, but once they do...

Kirk, I really do love your enthusiasm and work displays of lava! Way to go!

Many thanks to Dave P. for selling this beautiful Midnight blue Century to me.  The blue is dark and sultry.  And the flow - outstanding!

Here is the lamp of the week...

Outstanding! What a nice lamp. 

Yeah - Dave was the original owner and the lamp came with box and inserts.  He only ran it a handful of times.  A beauty!

I am QUITE sure i'm going to get BLASTED for this, and lose some 'street cred'. 

But give me a break!

1. The water is clearer than ANY of the Lava brand Chinese-made lamps I've seen recently.
  2. It cost me $11 including shipping!
  3. I sometimes forget to turn it off when I leave work.
  4. I don't trust some of my coworkers, or the cleaning crew.

So this "Groovy Lamp" is what sits on my work desk.

A double-bagger for my work mates this week.

On the left is the famous, "Lamp That Started It All."  A goo-kitted China 20 oz black/clear that I stole at the last office Christmas gift exchange.  It's now a pretty burple/clear!

On the right, is an $80 Mediterranean that was a BIN on Ebay.  It had a too tall 25 watt bulb in it, so someone had used layers of masking tape on the bottom of the globe to raise it up in the base.  This was done many years ago, because it was really burned on to the globe.  To say the least, it was barely flowing at all.  After an hour or so of using goo be gone on the masking tape and a new smaller 30 watt bulb - it flows perfectly now!! A little cloudy still, but I love it!  Do you think the cloudiness will go away over time?  I learned my lesson with the Consort - I won't be opening this Mediterranean.  :>) 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service