Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 43106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah but these lamps seem to never overheat on 40w, mine barely even melts after 8 hours so when I turn it off it hardens immediately in whatever shape it's in, it never goes flat like the other lamps I've ever had.

it's really neat to watch.  as the column rises, it's not always uniform in its approach to the top.  small traces of wax project outward and make really interesting shapes.  the wax is very "runny" if that makes sense.  the flow is very different than my 52oz green neon, leading me to believe the formula is different.  it's completely different from my purple/yellow grande from 2012 which has very average flow.  ambient temp. is 73F and the bulb is at full power.

Kirk said:

Be still my heart!  You know I think the Giants are the best flowing lamps LL ever made  -- creamy, undulating, dancing all over the globe!  If this green neon is similar to Giant flow, I can hardly wait to get mine!!!

Brad said:

the neon green grande flows like a champ though!  i'd say it's similar to the flow of a giant.

Ditto, Critter.  Thanks gang, and I'm sorry ya'll are having issues with the other lamps.  Susan at LL will make it right in the end.

Critter said:

I am very glad that the early purchasers of the Century and Wizard shared
their experience and saved others (me) the frustration associated with those lamps.

Critter

I'm sure Susan will make it right, Kirk.  So glad you got the Grande and I can't wait to get my pink Grande!!!   I am so tired of tweaking this Century I could scream.   LOL

Kirk said:

Ditto, Critter.  Thanks gang, and I'm sorry ya'll are having issues with the other lamps.  Susan at LL will make it right in the end.

Critter said:

I am very glad that the early purchasers of the Century and Wizard shared
their experience and saved others (me) the frustration associated with those lamps.

Critter

I'm obsessed now..........can't help it.  

Critter said:

Libby,

I would have already stopped messing with it and boxed it back up!

Critter

That obsession?  I believe that's the sign of a true goo head, Lib!  LOL

Marley's Ghost said:

Critter said:

Libby,

Critter

YIPPEE!!!!   I'm now an official goo head and not a newbie no more!!!!   That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever told me, Kirk, my friend.......snort.   :-))

Kirk said:

That obsession?  I believe that's the sign of a true goo head, Lib!  LOL

Marley's Ghost said:

Critter said:

Libby,

Critter

Hey guys, again i tested the new century base, this time with yet another 40w bulb but clear, and a gookit globe, after 3.5 hours its all molten but BARELY flowing, i mean it will release one blob every 10-15 minutes and this is at full blast. There is something in these bases that dont allow for as much heat, that is why weve had to use 60w to get it to even melt...

Has anyone put a 52oz Heritage globe on an older base?

yeah libby, you're definitely a goo head at this point.  congrats!

I have tried ... placed Heritage Century globe on a Spencer-bought 52oz Neon Green base ... still no significant movement.

Egnix said:

Has anyone put a 52oz Heritage globe on an older base?

perhaps the base needs a heat ring like the old centuries.  the larger base with pinholes makes it difficult for heat to build up.

Rodrigo said:

Hey guys, again i tested the new century base, this time with yet another 40w bulb but clear, and a gookit globe, after 3.5 hours its all molten but BARELY flowing, i mean it will release one blob every 10-15 minutes and this is at full blast. There is something in these bases that dont allow for as much heat, that is why weve had to use 60w to get it to even melt...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service