Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi all, I'm in the US, and am trying to get some Mathmos lamps. Has anyone tried UKAddress.com? It seems like it is reasonably priced, and exactly what I'm looking for. Thoughts?

Cheers!

Views: 4413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alright, my new baby, has passed inspection, and been released by US customs in LA, and is on the way to Seattle! :)

Mine has left "them' and is on it's way to forward2me....

I just ordered some more lamps and a Fluidium bottle from 'them'.  Should be on their way to forward2me tomorrow.

My first order from 'them' (yellow/blue Fluidium) should be delivered to me on Monday.

lol

Woot!  Should be at my house today!

We need pictures!

I had a spare chrome Astro base and cap from my London trip. I decided to put together a video tutorial for rewiring these in case anyone wants to attempt this. It will take some time to edit the video together. I now have rewired two Heritage Astros and two Chrome Astros. In general, I think Heritage are a bit easier. The chrome Astros have this glue applied between the plastic base cap and the metal and the Heritage either doesn't or it has a lot less. It isn't functional glue other than to make disassembly a bit more of a hassle. I will admit that I got rather sloppy with the spare and it has some marks on it. I will go into details on how to avoid this. In general, I think chrome is more of a challenge. I also imagine it may be possible to rewire them without removing the base part at all and I will have to think carefully about how to do that. It would be the ideal scenario indeed.

One interesting thing to note. The heritage Astros use a regular euro bulb. The chrome Astros use a beefy looking halogen bulb. When I rewire mine, I have opted for a reflector bulb in both and both seem to work fine with this choice.

good info.  Would love to watch the vid when it's ready.  I plan to run mine with their native plugs for a while, but eventually plan to do some rewiring.

Which reflector bulbs are you using Chuck?  I'm planning on trying both 35w halogen E26 and R39 30w intermediate (E17, I think) reflectors in them.  I have a chrome, rewired Astro that I think I'm using a standard 40w in now, and it's a little too hot.

ChuckM said:

One interesting thing to note. The heritage Astros use a regular euro bulb. The chrome Astros use a beefy looking halogen bulb. When I rewire mine, I have opted for a reflector bulb in both and both seem to work fine with this choice.

Mine came in from Forward2me last night.  Packaging was good, service was fast, placed my next order this AM.  :)

Photos, please!!! :-)

will post some from tonights run :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service