Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi. I just bought a Midnight Aristocrat Blue off ebay. Can any of you goo heads tell me anything about it?  

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This one?  If so it's one of the best combinations Lava ever put out.  By that I mean the blue water/yellow wax combo from the mid 90's generally has about the best and most consistent flows of any of them.  Other than a Mathmos Astro that was gifted to me, the one of these that I have is my favorite lava lamp that I own.

That's the exact one...I paid $38 for it. Did I do good?

Keith said:

This one?  If so it's one of the best combinations Lava ever put out.  By that I mean the blue water/yellow wax combo from the mid 90's generally has about the best and most consistent flows of any of them.  Other than a Mathmos Astro that was gifted to me, the one of these that I have is my favorite lava lamp that I own.

I think that's a pretty average going price right now.  For a good (great) flowing globe I think it is a great deal. 

But don't be upset, I got mine off of a craigslist sale for $15.00.  

denny mcnerney said:

That's the exact one...I paid $38 for it. Did I do good?

Keith said:

This one?  If so it's one of the best combinations Lava ever put out.  By that I mean the blue water/yellow wax combo from the mid 90's generally has about the best and most consistent flows of any of them.  Other than a Mathmos Astro that was gifted to me, the one of these that I have is my favorite lava lamp that I own.

Well, thank you for making me feel good about the quality of this lamp...

but then you had to tell me about the $15 craigslist deal, didn't ya? huh?
Keith said:

I think that's a pretty average going price right now.  For a good (great) flowing globe I think it is a great deal. 

But don't be upset, I got mine off of a craigslist sale for $15.00.  

denny mcnerney said:

That's the exact one...I paid $38 for it. Did I do good?

Keith said:

This one?  If so it's one of the best combinations Lava ever put out.  By that I mean the blue water/yellow wax combo from the mid 90's generally has about the best and most consistent flows of any of them.  Other than a Mathmos Astro that was gifted to me, the one of these that I have is my favorite lava lamp that I own.

While I love the look of the Aristocrat bases, I don't care too much for them because they seem to be hotter and I have to dim them down farther than the Century bases.

Regardless, if you have not spent $10 on a dimmer it is a must have IMO.

Great bargain you got there :-)

Keith, you are right. This is a beautiful lamp.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service