Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

hey goo heads - it would be neat to have a thread with photos of everyone's current display(s), so post up!

i will post mine soon since most of my lamps are still in boxes from the move.

Views: 2764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't blame you, Liam, I might have even posted more!  They are just gorgeous!  WOW  

Not a 1000 but here's two next to each other muhahahha

Marley's Ghost said:

That is a beautiful display, Trevor!!   Now------where are the 1000 Yellow Fluidiums????   :-)

Metallica man Trevor said:

Small portion of mine, the pic is not the best sorry
Attachments:

You are one sick puppy to torture me like that, Trevor, but whoops, I have a yellow Fluidium........Hahahaha   Maybe not the 999 you have, but I only need one.  :-)   

Nice! U score it recently. ?

Marley's Ghost said:

You are one sick puppy to torture me like that, Trevor, but whoops, I have a yellow Fluidium........Hahahaha   Maybe not the 999 you have, but I only need one.  :-)   

Yep, Mike, (Blind Faith), posted a few days ago that he had some lamps to sell.  One was a yellow Fluidium.....Yippee!!! Now I just have to figure out how to re-wire it, or buy a thingy to adapt it.  Or whatever has to be done.

Metallica man Trevor said:

Nice! U score it recently. ?

Marley's Ghost said:

going left to right there is my broken tornado lamp that I am trying to find a 20 oz. base for because i want to make a glitter/lava hybrid (it didn't work properly when i got it anyways so might as well experiment with it), my 13 1/4" glitter lamp do not know much about it except it's model number ( the model number is KL-289 and switch picture is in the pictures) and the switch is different on it, my 20 oz. classic black/clear lava lamp from walmart, a 52 oz. neon series neon green/clear premium lava lamp, I believe it is called, from spencers, my pliable arts red/violet maybe 16", and my prized possession my yellow/blue grande that i got for a steal of $40 (don't know alot about that one either. Enjoy!!! P.S. this is actually only half of my collection the other half is with my grandmother is Massachusetts. ;)

Attachments:

jus - that sounds like a good idea, though wouldn't you still see the wires coming toward the false wall?  i'm not kidding you - i can't stand seeing wires! :)

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jus said:

Man, I have the longest thickest piece of glass with polished edges that would make a killer shelf or ledge, but I can't use it cuz no place in my house appropriate for it.  If any of yall live near Ft.Worth, Tx-U should holler for it! 

Speakin of ledges-I know how yall LEDGERS can hide your cords!  I think.  LOL

What if you added an additional layer of sheetrock, or whatever material you wish, and install it from the underside of your ledge down to the floor, a little ways in front of the existing wall?  Kind of like a "false front" ? Then you'd have a dead space between the false front and the actual wall in which there'd be plenty of space to stuff all those nappy cords and dimmers!

Everyone's collections look super!

Here's the switch to the glitter lamp

Attachments:

will do.  i'm still trying to figure out a solution :)

Deb said:

Let me know how that works out for you. I have the exact same type of ledge in my retro room. :)

I would either drill an access hole for the cord of each lamp, or I would install the ledge such that a gap remained between the ledge and the wall, then run the cords down through there.  I hate wires too, almost as much as commercials...

A real easy solution to hiding cords and dimmers (even holes and gaps) on the shelf itself is a loosely placed length of material which could be gathered strategically atop the cords and dimmers.  Sewing shops have all kinds of materials; a friend of mine used red with flecks of silver lurex.  Looked great in his man cave! 

Brad said:

jus - that sounds like a good idea, though wouldn't you still see the wires coming toward the false wall?  i'm not kidding you - i can't stand seeing wires! :)

hmm...almost like socks for my cables?  that would work, and wouldn't look too intrusive.  i don't know how to sew though!

Jus said:

I would either drill an access hole for the cord of each lamp, or I would install the ledge such that a gap remained between the ledge and the wall, then run the cords down through there.  I hate wires too, almost as much as commercials...

A real easy solution to hiding cords and dimmers (even holes and gaps) on the shelf itself is a loosely placed length of material which could be gathered strategically atop the cords and dimmers.  Sewing shops have all kinds of materials; a friend of mine used red with flecks of silver lurex.  Looked great in his man cave! 

Brad said:

It's quite easy to sew once you get the hang of it I learned in middle school and loved it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service