Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Princess Screw cap dated 1990????? Anyone know about this lamp?

So I scored a bin full of lamps for 40 bucks. There ended up being 19 lamps total. I posted it up previously and this lamp happened to be in the bin. Anyone know about it?  Thanks!

Views: 370

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's an early screw-top version of the Princess made before the switch to bottle caps in 1992. I believe it's also the rare coral red lava one too. I was looking over that image earlier trying to identify the haul and I thought I saw this one! Pretty good score on its own for 40 bucks!

Thanks! Ya the lava color is one I've never seen before and now that you mention it, does look like it could be coral red. Actualy kind of ugly color if u ask me lol. I think it breaks out to $2 and some change per lamp though so I totally lucked out. This is probably the best score I've found. 

No problem! It's always great when you find a bunch like this. I remember a few summers ago I was able to score a pretty similar batch off of Craigslist and just one of the lamps was worth more than I paid for the whole lot. Be sure to get some pics of the haul uploaded soon so we can all enjoy them!

Jay said:

Thanks! Ya the lava color is one I've never seen before and now that you mention it, does look like it could be coral red. Actualy kind of ugly color if u ask me lol. I think it breaks out to $2 and some change per lamp though so I totally lucked out. This is probably the best score I've found. 

Here is a pic from Jonas.  It shows the colors for the screw cap princess (at least for when this box was printed).  

It shows the 06 code for red/clear, or it could be a faded red/yellow code 02 since your cap sticker says 8002.

By the way I bought a yellow/clear Princess in 1989 (I think).  It cost $39.99 at the time.

Please put pics of it working.

A coral red! They’re a rare nice lamp to have...

Great Score!!!

Zapiao said:

Please put pics of it working.

I actually think its a faded red/yellow with a painted cap.  Thoughts? 

It's not impossible to rule out, but I'm more inclined to believe it's an 06 with a little bit of dye leak in the fluid. If you have a globe with red wax, you could do a comparison pic of the wax when both are cold.

The left is an old 70s clear/red and the right is the princess screw cap. Thoughts?

Alex said:

It's not impossible to rule out, but I'm more inclined to believe it's an 06 with a little bit of dye leak in the fluid. If you have a globe with red wax, you could do a comparison pic of the wax when both are cold.

I'd say that's a coral red 06. You sure are lucky to get it for that price!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service