Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi all

As I post this i have just discovered that I have completely messed up the base of my Mellium Telstar :(

basically what happened is that yesterday | sanded it down to a nice finish (that went well) and then decided to paint it today, that was ok. However I  decided to sort out a small imperfection and to cut a long story short I messed up that repaint so it was a lot worse then before, and to add insult to injury newspaper print got stuck to the newly painted base :(

So now I have given up in trying to fix it myself and are asking weather any of the UK guys have had experience of getting lamps professionally painted. If so who would you recommend and what prices can I expect to pay for a complete prep and repaint of a Telstar base and cone (without the legs).

Thanks and apologies for the rant!

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Take it to a place that does automotive painting. I know a guy who would paint a wizard with that chromatic color changing paint for $60 and that stuff is like $300 a pint. I am sure he would charge less than $50 for any paint job on a lava lamp though. However, he is a really nice guy and other places would probably charge double. So maybe $100/£150 to have your lunar painted is what you may expect to find. Keep in mind that the people who do automotive paint jobs do perfect jobs and will last the life of the lamp.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service