Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I see that Spencer's website has those neon's available now. Have to go see what these look like in person to see if there are worth it. Autumn do you know if there more colors available or is this it?  These remind me of the old days of the midnight aristocrats minus the pinholes.

Views: 4246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice pic
The spencers in my region did not have the yellow. Just the green and the purple along with the safari series. They also had a new 20oz blue batman lamp......looked a bit cartoonish.

They just need to drop the "Neon" name and add pinholes and re-launch as the Midnight Aristocrat Series and we're good!!

I just purchased two of the green neons from my Spencers on Friday. Very disappointed and I will be returning them soon. I ran them both over the weekend for at least for at least 6 to 8 hours a night. Very little lava flow. The lava warms up, forms into a ball and then does absolutely nothing. The only positive is the liquid is clear and I also agree that this lamp needs the pinholes in the base.

Joe- I though one of mine was bunk when it did the same thing in the place I run most of my lamps, then I moved it to my BR where is it warmer, it then began to flow really nice.  Before you return maybe try moving to a different area and seeing if it will flow there, when brand new these new one seems to be a bit "stiffer", at least for me that is how all 3 of my newer ones have acted since it is cooling down quick round here.

Totally agree with Gwen. I can't see anything being wrong with both lamps,especially if they're brand new. But if moving the lamps to a warmer part of the house doesn't work, bump up the bulb wattage a little.

Gwen Williams said:

Joe- I though one of mine was bunk when it did the same thing in the place I run most of my lamps, then I moved it to my BR where is it warmer, it then began to flow really nice.  Before you return maybe try moving to a different area and seeing if it will flow there, when brand new these new one seems to be a bit "stiffer", at least for me that is how all 3 of my newer ones have acted since it is cooling down quick round here.

Thanks I'll take your suggestions and give them a try.

my green neon took almost twice as long to get going as the purple one did. but now it flows great. give it some time.

My purple one made lovely flows the first time I ran it, my green is blobbing on the bottom sending up small blobs periodically.  I'm hoping that running it every day will eventually get it to flow.

My black/orange also flowed nicely right out of the box.  Wonder if it's something in the green dye?

Bridget- my purple was sending up little blobs till I got brave and jiggled it a bit, it seems to have broken that initial tension and has flowed great ever since

I might try that.  I jiggled it a little last night, but maybe it needs a stronger, gentle jiggle.  I have hope that it will eventually look as good as the other two.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service