Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have been curious about the Meditation Lamps pictured in the Lava World gallery below. This is the only picture I have seen and I do not know of anyone who has one. If you do, or know someone who does, please post pictures.

I filled a Consort Globe with white lava and clear fluid. I blew the ad up till it matched the actual size of the Consort Globe. This gave me an idea of how big to make the Cross and where to position it on the globe. I made the Cross in Photoshop and printed it on a sheet of clear plastic that clings to glass. This is my best guess as to what the Meditation Globe with a Cross must have looked like.

I was pleased with my first try, but there is a problem. The plastic that I printed the Cross on does not cling well on the curved glass of the globe. I think it was made to be put on flat glass such as a window. Any ideas on how to paint or transfer the image to the globe on a more permanent basis? Do you think this is close to what they were like or am I off base?

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure. Are the arms of the cross curved downward because the sides are peeling away? If you don't mind a bit of critical suggestion, in myopinion the lines shopuld be a bit thicker- and notice that the inner corners of the outline get even thicker, slightly tapering the four arms at their ends.

Looking good so far. Far better than the one I did a few years ago (now removed) that had way-too-thick lines made with cut strips of black electrical tape! Nice choice of a wood base Consort - the switch to plastic bases coincided with the elimination of the 2300 and 2400 series.

Not sure how to create it, but the color combination shown in the catalog, called "Champagne Mist", should have the cream color lava you have in a champagne (pale amber) liquid, and the liquid should be slightly cloudy/hazy. Of course, these came in all three color combinations. I've never seen one, or heard of anyone seeing one. But I applaud your recreation attempts, and look forward to seeing more!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service