Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Looking for some advice about filtering cloudy grande.

Ok I bought a purple/yellow grande on the internet from Target. I was very excited and when it arrived it was really cloudy. I am not a patient man so I called my local Spencers store and asked them if they had any purple/yellow grandes and they did. I explained to the lady that if the lamp was cloudy I would be bringing it back and she said that was fine. When I got there she actually took it out of the box, and it was crystal clear so I bought it. The lamp works great but Im still stuck with a brand new cloudy purple/yellow grande that I bought from Target. I would be will to sell it for half what I paid for it which is around $30.00 or do you think I should get a filter and filter the liquid to fix it? If I do decide to get a filter where do you buy them, and what kind of filter do I need exactly? Oh and how much do they normally run?

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have purchased 3 grandes, all came in cloudy. The one I gave as a gift in March has been running daily for 4 months and has cleared considerably. The first I bought for myself in late May I let sit in a closet for a month then have been running daily since and has begun to de-cloud. The latest one came in a few days ago and I'm letting it sit for a week before running it.
Personally I don't feel confident about filtering as I am concerned about getting a good reseal on the cap and loosing liquid I can't replace so I'm being patient and letting nature take it's de-cloud course.
K
Thanks for all the info guys. By the way, how long does it take a new, clear, grande to flow right. Been running it everyday for 8 to 10 hours for the last 3 weeks and seen some improvement, but majority stays near the bottom with only small blobs. I have done the slight twisting motion while the wax was hot to make good connect with coil, but it didnt really do anything.
Wow, thats a nice grande. I didnt know the base came in that finish. I thought they were all the chrome. That picture of yours is pretty much mine to a "T" as far as the flow goes. It is getting better though. Im sure with time it will improve. I have a red/purple grande too and bought it at wal-mart like 2 years ago on clearance for $15.99. The flow on it though is awesome and its crystal clear. Thanks for the advice.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service