Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

About a month ago I went to Spencer's and purchased a ChinaRed/Clear with the intent of experimenting on it for leaning purposes. Out ofthe box it was cloudy and after running it a few day the lava stopped flowingand would ball up at the bottom of the globe as soon as it warmed up. So Ipopped the cap and drained all the liquid. I added about two tablespoons ofPERC to the lava. I then created a clear liquid with a solution of distilledwater, FOG machine liquid. I had to had a good amount of salt water solution.Added very little soap solution because it really is not needed with the fogmachine liquid. Anyway, here are the results. I have been running her every dayfor eight hours for the past month and she still looks good.

Views: 2355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Goo Geek... too much scientific jumbo for me, but I think I love you... Are you thinking on creating & selling or just for your own amusement? The orange is spectacular!

Vixen, it is really not that complicated. I am doing this because I like to resuscitate dead LL's and see them come back to life. That 14oz Orange as been flowing great and is now one of my favorites.

PS. I love you to. ;-)

LOL! So this idea could be used to spring life into my "dead" Grandes? I may need to have you hold my hand through their revival... they haven't flowed in 2-3 years. I changed their fluid color last year & now they melt, but no blobs :(

Hmm it seems we have both came to the same conclusions, but in different ways. I am trying to recreate the original 60's formula but I really dont know what I am doing. I am learning as I go so I thought I would point you towards my post, you might find some interesting information.

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/forum/topics/lets-figure-out-the-original

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service