Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42047

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's what I was told. Sorry!

This is the first time I've tried to run mine since the last run, which was BY FAR the worst one yet. All it did was get stuck over and over. The 3-4 runs before that were all amazing though, so...I think my lamp is just moody? Just like me.

The more I run my yellow/blue, the more its goo becomes filled with big ugly bubbles.
Is this normal?

After 4.5 days of great running, by replacement c/r blobbed on me.  I think it just overheated, but am not for sure.  Small coil had no lava on it, big coil was still mostly covered with a few bare spots.  I hope it recovers.  I've cooled it off and am slowly upping the power again to see if it will behave.

Meanwhile, my p/p has been running for about 2 weeks now and looks great.  Argh....this gets so frustrating.

Mine gets bubbles when it heats up, but once flowing they work themselves out.  Usually bubbles are assumed to be liquid heated up under the wax and escaping.  I would just keep running it and see how it shakes out.  If you can get a good pic, I'd send it to Susan and see what their tech people have to say.  The more they know about what happens to our lamps, hopefully the more they can fix future large projects.

Mine bubbles and I don't like it. Seems like the only action I get is short-lived blobs or long-term bubbly stuff. Neither is preferable.

My lava is VERY VERY VERY bubbly sometimes...almost to the point of being foam. The bubbles seem to work themselves out, though...but at least one time they were so bad that all my colossus did was blow bubbles...there was no other flow. Again, it was a coil issue. Turning it off for 15 minutes fixed it, just like it fixes the stuck flow.

I got a 200 watt frosted br40 bulb and it fixed all of my issues. My lamp runs perfectly at 100% all day and night. Excellent flow that doesn't come off the coil. I think the clear 250 watt bulbs focus the heat on the center of the wax and cause it to rise only in the center causing the wax to come off the coil. The frosted bulb produces a more even heat.

Where did you get the bulb?

http://www.normanlamps.com/product_info.php/cPath/63_187/products_i...

Phishy Lava said:

When I said it was an issue with the coil, it probably wasn't. #_# I'll bet it was the bulb all along.

Order placed.

Thanks for the tip, Autumn. I hope it works.

just for info,,,that is a 130 volt bulb,,,which will be dimmer then a 120 volt bulb.  Output will drop by approx 20-25%. This means a 120v 150watt bulb would be its equal.

The big advantage to 130volt bulbs is they will last sooooo much longer then a 120volt bulb.

I may try a 150 watt if easy to buy today at lowes or something. I think the frosting may help too like mentioned.

Autumn said:

http://www.normanlamps.com/product_info.php/cPath/63_187/products_i...

Phishy Lava said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service