Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I just received the two Mathmos lamps below and I'd like to get them flowing today. I live in Salt Lake City, UT and was curious if anybody knew of a store which would likely have the necessary converter needed? I've searched a bit online but I'm not seeing anything available nearby and it appears that the soonest I could receive the $30 converter off of Amazon would be Monday. All of the bases have 3 prong plugs.

Any tips or pointers are greatly appreciated. 

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you order the convertor do NOT forget to get the proper power strip so you can plug in more than one at a time

I just snagged this voltage converter for $20 locally, bnib so I picked up a second one. It appears to have 2 230v outlets. Hoping it works



Claude J said:

When you order the convertor do NOT forget to get the proper power strip so you can plug in more than one at a time

Are there any precautions I should take when running this? The last thing I want to do is burn the house down before Christmas

Not really and you lucked out to find one with 2 sockets

Just dop not exceed 80% of the capacity of the converter

This looks like an 800 watt one so do not plug in more than 650 watts of light or it will not run the lamps at proper capacity

Perfect, that’s good to know. I’m excited to get home and get them going. I have no idea what I’m going to do with all of the extra Astro bases which the seller included. I’m guessing the top caps probably aren’t an easy find

Claude J said:

Not really and you lucked out to find one with 2 sockets

Just dop not exceed 80% of the capacity of the converter

This looks like an 800 watt one so do not plug in more than 650 watts of light or it will not run the lamps at proper capacity

On a side note, how can I identify when this lamp was produced?


I have a few in stock (I'm in USA-Illinois/ Wisconsin border)
i0nz said:

Perfect, that’s good to know. I’m excited to get home and get them going. I have no idea what I’m going to do with all of the extra Astro bases which the seller included. I’m guessing the top caps probably aren’t an easy find

Claude J said:

Not really and you lucked out to find one with 2 sockets

Just dop not exceed 80% of the capacity of the converter

This looks like an 800 watt one so do not plug in more than 650 watts of light or it will not run the lamps at proper capacity

PM sent

Claude J said:


I have a few in stock (I'm in USA-Illinois/ Wisconsin border)
i0nz said:

Perfect, that’s good to know. I’m excited to get home and get them going. I have no idea what I’m going to do with all of the extra Astro bases which the seller included. I’m guessing the top caps probably aren’t an easy find

Claude J said:

Not really and you lucked out to find one with 2 sockets

Just dop not exceed 80% of the capacity of the converter

This looks like an 800 watt one so do not plug in more than 650 watts of light or it will not run the lamps at proper capacity

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2019   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service