Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Maybe some of you recall I posted this some time ago. There was a lot of run around from the rep on whether or not these will be made again and low and behold they've launched a new website http://www.twistertube.com/ and are taking pre-orders (which I already did :) This is definitely then next coolest thing to the goo. I can't wait until I get this!

Views: 1308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What about those volcano lamps... anyone have one of those.. they do look cool enough but price at least for me seems a bit much.

got a link?

kiramarie said:

What about those volcano lamps... anyone have one of those.. they do look cool enough but price at least for me seems a bit much.

If its like this, don't bother:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Powered-Volcanic-Explosion-Mini-Lava-Li...

I had the plug in version.  Was a toss in with a $5 silver century. One run and straight into the trash.

The jellyfish tank is the only real play here.  ;-)

kiramarie said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Natures-Fire-Undersea-Volcano-Lamp-...

so does anyone remember ( i am 42) a old motion plate tumbler (or) liquid motion ( whatever they call em) from the 70s?  they were a flat rectangle  about 10 or 12 inches high and 6 to 9 inc wide and they were about a 1/2 inch thick. They were made from acyclic and sat on a base that when all the oil made its way to the bottom you flipped it over and stuck it back on base to watch again. Mine was a clear red colored (of course see thru) with deep blue goo (oil) that slowly dripped down towards bottom . Inside was the most amazing series of ladders, spikes for oil to spit over.. slanted ledges and such.. almost maze like. I took probably 15 min or so for all the oil to make its way to bottom. So much more personality than the motion tumblers now a days.. I have searched HIGH and LOW in literally every site and vintage toy libraries I could find.  And nothing... zilch... quite a few I have met recall them. I had mine for ever even till I was in mid 20s till Hurricane Andrew robbed me of everything. Anyone know what I am referring to and if so any and all info is desperately welcomed...

Dr. WHAT?! said:

got a link?

kiramarie said:

That twister tube lamp looks amazing. Was it all just a big scam or where/are they real?

yeah it was a scam

Ya I saw that a year ago or so and I tried to email them and got no response. They appear to have update their site since then though. But you still cant purchase anything from the site.

Anyone ever get one of these?  Still doesn't look like its possible to order.  But there are some videos around...so some must have been made at some point.

nope the guy who made them kind of scammed everyone to thinking that these were made and ready to buy when really he couldn't get them produced anymore.

That sucks, really nice item shame he couldent get them made as it is much better then the ones LL make

I know....I really was looking forward to getting one.  They really should take their site offline too...at least don't keep luring people in.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service