Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

just wanted to let people know that the ge reveal bulbs really bring out the colors,and if you have a clear white it really cuts down on the effect of the lava looking yellow...

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds good. Were can we get the ge reveal bulbs. Is there a web site to get them on line?

Roger
http://www.xeona.com/x/electrical/598346354.html

here is a site that i found to get it started. think i might check this one out.
Thanks so much. I will try them.

Roger
Ok, went to local wal-mart and bought 2 packages of these bulbs to test out. Wow, they really do help out the colors. The biggest one I saw the best with was my black lava and clear liquid. with a normal bulb the black lava looks a bit on the purple side, but with these bulbs it looks black. With the purple liquid and yellow lava, it takes away the pinkish look and makes it look more firey looking (like is should). Over heating? no more than usual, if anything it has helped the flow considerably in at least 3 of my lamps and the other 2 stayed the same. I know these bulbs are way more expensive but to me it pays off by giving my lamps the color they are supposed to be. expecially my black lamp, I was bumbed when it appeared black in a picture but with the eyes it looked a bit on the deep purple side. Now I have my black oozing goodness! :)
I did not know you could get thos at Wall Mart. COOL

Roger
Ya, I looked around and have seen them at wal-mart, menard's, lowes, and target. Only places I have looks so far. at wal-mart they were like $3.40 something, i think. That is for only two of them when you could get a 4 pack of cheep ones for only $2.40 something. Big price gap but I like how these make my lamps look. I will just use my original bulbs as buckups untill I get replacements.

Oh, and to clearify, I haven't used these bulbs on any American made lamps just yet. The testing was on the China made lamps. Figured if I was going to mess something up, it should be done to them LOL. Will test one on my yellow/clear 52 ounce tomarrow.
Ok, I tested on an American 52 oz. lamp. the one I call goldfinger in my pictures. It prematurely over heated. So, ya, I don't recommend these on the american lamps. It over heated in just 3 hours. It is weird that they work wonders for my chinese lamps but over heat an american.
Very interesting. I did not know that you could chang the heat by the bulb frosted or clear.

Thanks

Roger
put a frosted one in a silver streak that liked to over heat, it lasts a bit longer now but I still think that I need to get a dimmer switch.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service