Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have been wanting to write one of these for years! The only print that I have ever seen on vintage lamps is in an old issue of "Collectibles & Flea Market Finds". The article contains photos of part of my collection. They interviewed me for it and then printed several inaccuracies.

I have been so busy with my music, that I haven't been able to start the book. I now have the time to do it! I have a HUGE collection of vintage lava/glitter lamps from the US & Europe. I have started photographing them for the book.

There are so many people on here that have knowledge in different areas of lava and glitter lamps that I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any and all help. This includes any facts, history AND HIGH-RESOLUTION PHOTOS that I can get. I will definitely credit everyone that contributes. If you can provide me with the information and photos that you have (or can get), please e-mail me.

THIS BOOK IS LONG OVERDUE!

I have tried contacting both Lava World International and Mathmos to ask them to participate (since it can only help their sales) for several years now. At first they seem interested and tell me that they will provide me with information and copies of older catalogues, and then they just stop communicating. So, I'm taking matters into my own hands.

I know, with the help of the experts on here, that I can do justice to our favorite goo.

Thank you in advance,
Bryin

Views: 246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer makes a Coffee Table book about Coffee Tables. His book had legs that folded out to make a coffee table. Maybe we could make one with a power strip to plug lamps into. Sound like a good idea and something I would be open to buying.
Well I think this would be great. I cant help much. But would love to buy a copy of the book when it is done. I hope you put it for sale on this web site when it is done.

Roger
Whatever help we can be, I'm sure everyone will chime in! Can't wait to see the book Bryin, and I'm letting you know now, I want an autographed copy! Cheers, Kelly.
I sure hope so because there are a lot of people (Jonas to name one) that knows more than I do in areas of collecting. Please e-mail me at SufferingClown@aol.com if you're interested in contributing to the book.

Thanks,
Bryin
I would love to contribute pictures.
I love this idea! I droped you a line to your email.
Hey - I never got your e-mail.
I was hoping to get some help from some of the serious collectors on here but nobody has written. Jonas? Anybody else?
Hi Bryin.

I'll send some articles on vintage lamps to you today. All I ask is that I receive recognition as the author of the articles, should they make it into publication.

Cheers.
I'd love to add info... Possibly, this would be a place to put my timeline? If not, if you're looking more for photos i.e. "eye candy" and information interesting for non-collectors, let me know what, if anything, you'd like from me. I'll help if I can... Great idea
How the book coming.

Roger

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service